Chapter 9

A/N: I apologize if there are any errors with the writing ಥ‿ಥ

It was already 8 pm when Kamisato Ayato came home, he willingly fell asleep next to you and wasn't aware how many hours had passed since he left.

"What are those looks for?" Ayato entered the living room quietly with his friends staring at him as if they saw a ghost.

"Where have you been?" Miko asks, it is seen in her eyes that she was worried.

"I went for a stroll and bought dinner for everyone" Ayato replied and showed the bag packed with Japanese food.

"Let's go to the table then" Ayaka grabbed some of the bags from her sibling and hurried to the dinner table followed by her other friends.

Diluc sneaked up behind Ayato and slightly smelled his clothes. He knew the smell that stuck to his clothes he was very familiar with this smell. It was the smell of the ICU in the hospital.

"Liar" Diluc whispered to him. Ayato felt cold air straight down his back followed by his friend's gaze

"You went to the hospital didn't you?" He added.

Ayato was stunned by how his friend guessed correctly that he visited you.

"I heard something from an old friend." Ayato stared at his neutral face.

"Alright, then that settles it. I thought you were visiting Y/N" Diluc grinned at him and followed their friends to the table.

"We've been worried sick about you"

"He probably felt sick inside the house that's why he went out to stroll for a while."

"Hey, Ayato…"

Ayato never had proper sleep for days ever since you were put into a coma. Every day, every night, the memory of you bleeding on the floor has been haunting him and he still blames himself for it.

"So where did you go Ayato?"

"Hey Albedo, can you teach me this lesson I didn't understand?"

"Sure!"

Today, he slept peacefully next to your hand holding his. Even if visitors have a limited time of visiting, the nurses didn't disturb him that his time was up already when they saw him sleeping peacefully. He felt warmth around you.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were going to go out? Ayato?"

"Is he hearing us?"

"He's… just eating his food…"

"I think he's thinking something very deep that he remained unbothered even after we called him."

What's even weirder is that Ayato seemed to lose his feelings for Miko because she gradually changed when you came. She wasn't sweet and compassionate like she used to be, maybe it was her true colors. Then why does it feel like he likes someone other than Miko? Was Ayato in denial? He wasn't sure about his feelings whenever he was around this someone.

(No, I only love Miko… and it will always be here.) He said to himself while chewing on his food quietly.

"Why don't we visit Y/N?" Ayaka suggested, this set the mood of the table from something quiet to something full of hope and excitement.

*Chopsticks dropped* *choke* *cough* *cough* *cough*

Ayato quickly grabbed a cup of water and drank it to prevent himself from choking. He was wondering who that person might be and who knew that hearing your name would skip a beat of his heart.