Chapter 12

A/N: Hello! A very long chapter ahead! I hope everyone likes how this chapter would go :) and I hope it wouldn't take me more than a month again to update </3 Also, pardon me because there are swear words in this chapter.

---

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! We are welcoming you to the annual celebration of the Kamisato Family! I present to you the heir of the Kamisato Clan, Kamisato Ayato!" The master of the ceremony said.

Kamisato Ayato walked up the stairs and waved his hand in public. Facing a lot of people is something Ayaka and Ayato are used to.

Ayato held the mic to greet the guests that were present in the venue.

"Good evening, as you know, we are holding this every year, and I'm glad that everyone is here for this important celebration." He paused, his eyes scanning the crowd to look for a specific individual, but no matter how much he looked from afar, he could not see the figure of this individual.

(Is she coming?) Ayato thought while thinking of someone.

"Brother?" Ayaka softly said, which snapped back Ayato to reality.

"Pardon me for the inconvenience, where was I?... As I was saying, I would like to say my gratitude for all the successful projects that wouldn't be possible without your family's collaboration with mine." Ayato said seriously.

"In the future, we will be looking forward to a collaboration with foreigners, the implementation of our month-to-month charity to help children and other people that led a very unfortunate life. Our long-time plan is to build a new office that will be finished after 10 years and will be led by yours truly." Ayato added when a question popped into his mind, what degree should he pursue that would benefit the family? His eyes continued to look at the depths of the crowd, but she still couldn't still see her.

He did not prolong his speech and felt like it was about time for his sister's turn.

Kamisato Ayato bowed in front of the crowd and returned the microphone to the master of ceremonies, Thoma.

"And for the speech of our heiress, Kamisato Ayaka." Thoma pointed his hand to the heiress who was beside Ayato the whole time.

Ayato stepped down from the stage and searched for a certain individual.

"Hello everyone!" Ayaka glaringly said with joy coming from her heart.

"First and foremost, I would like to give a warm welcome to me and my brother's fiancé. Lady Guuji Yae and Lord Aether. Kindly stand up for the crowd." Ayaka happily said while the two stood up and the audience clapped their hands.

During Ayaka's speech, Ayato went directly to his friends' table which consisted of Diluc, Tartaglia, Itto, Lumine, Aether, and Guuji Yae.

"I-is she here?" Ayato said beside Diluc.

"I don't think I've seen her anywhere in this venue," Diluc said without looking at Ayato and just listening to Ayaka.

"Who's here?" Yae Miko sneaked up on their conversation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, since I feel bored right now. I just think Ayaka's speech is not interesting for my taste-" Yae Miko added before she was shut off by Childe.

"Lady Guuji Yae, where are your manners? Please don't speak ill of Miss Kamisato. Have you forgotten that she is your future sister-in-law? She even introduced you as her brother's fiancé. Don't you feel no shame?" Childe coldly responded.

"A-ah, don't mind her... She might have drunk a little alcohol earlier..." Aether defended Miko.

"I... I wasn't with them... I would have stopped her..." Lumine pried into the conversation.