Chapter 4

Lucas P.O.V

I quickly ran to my English class, ensuring I arrived on time. When I got in there, I saw Holly sitting in the back, and I smiled before walking over to her. "Mind if I sit beside you?" She smiled and nodded, so I sat down. "So, how was your day so far?" I smiled. "It's been pretty ok." We went through the class and worked silently. Once the course finished, I got up and rushed to my locker to grab my stuff. I took out my phone and called my mother. "Hey, Mom, are you still picking me up?" 

"Yeah, on my way right now."

"Awesome, see you in a bit." I smiled and hung up before rushing to the front doors and waiting for her. "That boy Ajax is hot... His wolf is hot as well..." I sighed and ignored Cole. He's always been a hopeless romantic. 

I finally saw my mother's car pull up, and I ran out to it and got in. "So, how was your first day?" I grinned. "It went pretty alright; I was the fastest runner in our gym class." She giggled. "As I expected you would be." I giggled back. "So, I thought tonight. We should get some pizza and do some unpacking. The moving truck should be there in an hour with the rest of our stuff." I nodded and started thinking about the pizza. I'm hungry as hell.

We drove in comfortable silence. I looked out the window admiring the vast forests. "Hey, Mom, is it alright if I go for another run when we get home? Cole's been cooped up all day." She nodded, and I smiled. I bet I can make the same trail as yesterday, but this time I should be able to do it before Ajax gets home. When we got home, I quickly ran in and down to my room. I stripped down and began shifting. Then, I promptly ran up the stairs and out the open door when I was entirely shifted. Then, I ran to the woods behind our house again. 

As I ran, I felt the wind hitting my face and the leaves rustling. I felt my paws pulling up the earth below me and felt at peace. I've always liked running, and It's a way to get rid of stress for me. When I returned to the lake, I laid down again, admiring its beauty. God, I wish I could stay here forever. I slowly fell asleep as the bugs and birds sang around me. 

Ajax P.O.V

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home, I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, tired. Suddenly a warrior came up to me. "Sir, I have word that another rogue wolf has been spotted on the pack's lands. Shall I send a team to deal with them?" I stiffened up. Could it be Lucas?

"No, I'll deal with it. You guys stay here and away." He nodded, and I quickly stripped down and shifted. I ran out the back door into the woods towards the same place as yesterday. I slowly got low as I peered through the bush when I got there.

I saw the same beautiful white wolf lying down beside the lake. I admired his beauty and watched as he slowly stirred around. I didn't want to wake him up, but I couldn't bring myself to leave... I want to make sure he's safe.

I slowly lay down, keeping my distance and watching him. After a while, he woke up and stretched before running off. I decided to stay far behind and stalk him while remaining quiet. I followed him to this tiny house and watched as he ran in. Then, I slowly turned back around and ran back to the compound. When I got back, I ran in and straight up to my room. I unshifted and closed my door behind me. I grabbed a pair of tight briefs from my drawer and flopped down onto my bed.

I sighed as I looked at the ceiling and thought about Lucas's delicate appearance. Tomorrow's my 18th birthday, and I will find my mate... But I can't help feeling that I've already found him...

He makes my wolf go crazy, and he makes me go crazy as well. So I lay there and thought about him and his features. I want to know more about him.

I was blasted out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door. "Yo, Ajax, are you gonna come for dinner soon?" I growled. "Yeah." 

I hope that he ends up being my mate...

Sorry for the short chapter. I managed to fit everything I had planned for this chapter in. Please vote and comment if you like the story so far! Also, don't be afraid to point out any grammar mistakes! I'll fix them as soon as you point them out! :D -Jackal