six.

"GOD LEENA WAKE UP!" who the hell is waking me up like this? surprise, surprise its shawn.

"what is it? we have to work on this temper if this is ever gonna work." i said rubbing my eyes as i stood.

"we're here, we just landed. let's go!" he was already holding our stuff so i followed him off the plane past the flight attendants and people crowded around.

as soon as we got inside the airport shawn started speed walking. did i mention i don't like any type of physical activity? damn, that boys got some legs. how did he get so far in front of me? i started to jog to catch up to him.

"maybe, warn a girl next time?" i more or less wheezed, out of breath. "maybe, learn to pay attention next time?" he shot back.

i crossed my arms and didn't reply.

"my family is here. so here's a quick run down, my sister is eleven and her name is aaliyah. my mom is karen and my dad is manuel. got it?" he said quickly. "got it." i replied.

"okay great, i still don't know how im going to introduce you so just go along with whatever i say, okay?" he didn't give me time to reply before he was pulling me towards the waiting people.

"shawn!" i heard a girls voice yell before i saw someone jump onto shawn. aaliyah, im assuming.

"hi! i missed you!" shawn said, his tone completely changing as he sat her down. i don't think she realized i was there until just then. i think shawn forgot i was there too.

"hi?" she said waving at me slightly. "aaliyah...this is my, ugh, my friend? yeah, my friend, leena. leena, this is my sister aaliyah." he said stammering.

"hi aaliyah, its nice to meet you." i said waving.

"hi leena! you're pretty." she said waving back, and turning her attention towards shawn. "she's pretty, shawn."

"huh? oh yeah, she is. wished her manners matched." he said jokingly to aaliyah, but shooting me a look to tell me he was serious.

and remind me again how im supposed to act like im in love with him?

***

authors note bc I wanna say thank you for reading this. it almost has 1,000 reads and that's insane.
i know not much happened in this chapter but tomorrow's will be better :-) ily
-jas