eight.

the rest of the ride home was silent except for the small humm of the radio, not that i expected anything less.

we pulled up to a house and i looked outside the window. it was a really pretty neighbor hood and shawns house matched. the bricks were a perfect shade of a reddish brown. you could tell from the outside that there was two stories to the house. the yard was perfectly kept, with bright green grass and flowers in their corresponding places.

"like it?" shawn whispered from beside me making me jump. i hadn't even realized i got out of the car.

"yeah. its practically perfect." i replied, still looking at the house.

"come on, ill show you inside." he said grabbing my hand and holding it as he took me inside. everyone else was already in.

him holding my hand isn't supposed to feel good right? he has hardly spoke 50 words to me since we met and half of them were not in a nice tone.

i was pulled out of my thoughts as he bumped my shoulder, "this is my-our room." he said sitting down on a queen size bed. "its nice." i said looking around. there was fan art taped all over the walls, a guitar in one corner, and a tv hung on the wall.

"you're fans are nice. they must work hard to make these." i told him as i walked around the room looking at all the drawings.

"i know. im luckier than most." he said looking at them too. "sit down." he said turning back to the bed and laying on it this time.

i sat by him with my hands in my lap. "what's your favorite color?" he asked suddenly. i couldn't help but laugh, all we'd been was sarcastic to each other for the past two days and now he's making small talk. never the less i answered him honestly.

"white." i said simply. he sat up and looked at me weirdly. "what?" i said with a giggle.

"why white? its so...plain." he said looking at me.

"i know it is, but that's why i like it. white is pure and perfect, until someone messes it up or adds another color to it. and the color added can either make a pretty purple or an ugly brown. its all about who's handling the white. it reminds me of people, and why some people are more hurt than others." i said as if it was second nature.

he kept looking at me for awhile before he layed back down and replied, "i never thought of it that way." he turned his head towards me and smiled. "i think i like white too, now."

i smiled back, "what's yours?" i asked. "blue, i used to like going outside and laying down and looking at the sky. before i blew up. it became a hobby and blue kinda stuck." as he finished the last sentence i stood up.

he looked at me expectantly. "well? let's go experience this hobby of yours." i said smiling and holding out my hand. he got up and grabbed my hand.

"lets go, ms. leena." he replied leading the way.

where ever his sudden mood change came from, i hope it sticks around for a bit. i thought as he opened his bedroom window.

"what are you doing?" i said watching him.

"we're doing this the fun way." he replied, "on the roof." he added smirking slightly.

***

sorry I didn't update yesterday loves.
I wasn't having a good day and I didn't want the chapter to turn out bad because of it. I made this chapter a little longer to make up for it :-)
btw if you didn't know you all make my day and I love you to the moon and back babies. -jas