thirty-two.

i woke up to a vigorous knocking at my door.

i stumbled through the halls, and opened the door, just to see jack burst past me.

"jack what the holy hell?" i said, rubbing my eyes to make sure i wasnt still asleep.

"leena! you wouldn't answer my calls or texts i was worried!" he exclaimed, looking over me like he was making sure i was still intact.

"it was just half a day and a night." i mumbled.

"well, we all know you weren't in a great place and how was i supposed to know you weren't going to do something crazy!? i also have news!" he replied.

"fair enough, come on, sit down." i said. walking to the couch myself.

"so.. what's up, g?" i ask once we were situated nicely.

"well, let's just pause a second, okay? you're okay, right? like i know shits been hard for you, but i also know that non of what happened is your fault and if shawn wants to be a jackass that's his problem. okay?" he starts.

"okay, i know." i reply.

"but the big reason i came here is to tell you, shawns coming to see you. and i don't know what for, or what he's gonna say. either way i thought you could use some support." he explained, setting his hand on my shoulder and giving a little squeeze.

"whys he coming here?" i finally asked, after a pause.

"apparently he had a show kinda close last night, said he was gonna come today to explain things i guess. he owes it to you though." he paused, "i don't know all the details, he told johnson not me. which makes sense, i was pretty pissed about what happened." he finished.

"uhm, wow, okay. thanks for telling me though, probably going to make this a lot easier." i said, trying to reply while also sorting through my own thoughts.

it's been what feels like a year of shawn leaving me in the dark, with no idea about what the hell was going on.

god knows what he'll show up and tell me.

but at the same time, i need to know. i need to know what the heck is going on and what's been happening behind my back, i need to know that truth.

"are you okay? are you ready to talk to him?" jack asked and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"i guess. well, i don't know-" i was cut off by a knocking at the door.

"guess that answer doesn't really matter anymore, huh?" i asked, trying the make myself feel better about the situation.

jack gave me a sympathetic smile and replied, "is it okay if i go upstairs? give you guys your privacy." i nodded and he started for the stairs as i made my way to the door.

i took a deep breath and opened the door.

"i'm sorry." shawn apologized, immediately after stepping foot into the house.

i nodded and made my way to the living room and as assumed, he followed.

"god, i'm so so sorry. i owed you an explanation the minute everything went downhill, and you didn't get one. but trust me you deserved it." he began, "and i'm sorry i was such an ass, please say something." he pleaded.
i looked up at him for a second before returning back to twiddling with my thumbs.

"why are you here, shawn?" i asked, my voice softer than i wanted it to be.

"to tell you the truth, leena. i know you saw the article, because who didn't? and that was the worst possible way for me to let you find out,"

"find out?" i cut him off, "that would mean that the article was true, was it?" i asked.

he paused before answering, "yes." he stated, finally.

i took in a breath and nodded my head.

"so that settles that, well thanks for clearing all that up, so nice to see you again." i replied, making my sarcasm very evident.

"leena wait," he said, grabbing my arm to keep me from standing up. "i really am sorry. i did feel something for you at the time, and it was another reason i was so rude to when we first met, because i knew it would be wrong of me to tell you how i felt. that's why jules was always so crazy around you. my family did know, by the way. they just acted like they didn't. we never told you because what girl with the right morals would agree to what you did if i had an actual girlfriend?" he finished.

"okay. i accept your apology. i think it's time for you to go now, though." i said, and walked to the door, needing to get him out of the house, because it was all much more than i was used to.

he followed without stopping me this time, but stopped before he fully made it out the house.

"you deserve a lot leena, i hope you know that, and i hope you get it someday. maybe we can be friends again." he suggested.

"maybe someday," i started with a sad smile, "just not right now. bye shawn, don't screw it up with laur." i said.

"bye leena." he replied, and that was that. he walked down the front steps, and i closed the door.

i let out a breath and looked up to see jack coming back down.

"damn." is all he said.

"you didn't know?" i asked, because that was the easiest thing to bring up right now.

"no, he never confirmed anything. some of us had our suspicions, but we left him alone, you know?" he shrugged, "when he told us you were his girlfriend we went with it. shawn's not one to pull something like that, made it more believable though." by the time he finished talking he was sitting next to me on the couch.

"thanks for coming, for moral support. it's keeping me from lashing out or having a mental break down." i said.

"anytime. he was right though, you deserve a lot." he grabbed my hand lightly, but this time i knew he wasn't trying to flirt, he was being a friend; being what i needed right now. "you're gonna be okay, i know it. something with the kardashians will happen within the the week and no one will even think about tweeting about what happened, anymore. you'll go back to school once the summer is over, and it'll all be well. and man, this is gonna be such a great story for you to tell." he motivated.

i snorted at the last sentence, "nobody at my school gives a hecky about shawn mendes, they wouldn't believe me anyway. but you're right i'll be okay." i said, giving my first real smile in days, and giving his hand a light squeeze. "just a bad day not a bad life, right?"

***
THATS IT GUYS
IM SO SORRY IF YOU HATE HOW IT ENDED I JUST WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND SOMETHING WHERE THE GIRL DOESNT ALWAYS JUST GO BACK TO THE GUY WHEN HES DONE SOMETHING WRONG IM ALSO SORRY THAT I HAVENT UPDATED I DIDNT KNOW HOW I WANTED TO END IT UNTIL TODAY

IF TOU GUYS WANT (tell me in the comments) ILL MAKE AN ALTERNATE ENDING WHERE THEY END UL TOFETHER IT JUST WONT GO WITH THE SEQUEL

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL THKUGH AND SHAWN WILL BE IN IT SK MAYBE THEY DO GET A HAPPY ENDING ;-)

THANK TOU FOR READING THIS STORY AND BEARING WITH ME I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY IF YOU DIDNT LIKE HOW IT ENDED I JUST FELT LIKE IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN SOMETHING SO TYPICAL
-jas <3