Chapter 9: The Illumise and Volbeat Swarm. Two Dragons! The Legendary Temple!

Today the gang was walking through a forest. May was enjoying the walk through the forest; the forest had tall trees and hundreds of flowers.

Max was keeping an eye out for Pokémon like always and Brock was reading the guide.

"There's something interesting about this forest." Brock said.

"Really, what is it?" Winter asked.

"Well apparently some bug Pokémon called Volbeat and Illumise live in this forest," Brock said, "and at night people can see them dancing, while showing off their lights."

May thought that sounded interesting.

Tomo looked at Volbeat and Illumise on the PokéDex:
Volbeat, the Firefly Pokémon.
It lives around clean ponds. At night, its rear lights up. It converses with others by flashing its light.

Illumise, the Firefly Pokémon.
With its sweet aroma, it guides Volbeat to draw signs with light in the night sky.

"I remember that mum got an Illumise and Volbeat back at Professor Oak lab because they were injured and mum liked them after they were healed." Winter said.

Tomo smiled, "Yeah, they were always dancing at night when the moon was full view." He said.

"Volbeat are male and Illumise are female." Max said.

May asked if they could stay and see the Volbeat and Illumise dance tonight.

"Yeah, can we please?" Max asked hopefully, "I'd like to see them dance too."

Winter, Tomo and Brock thought the Illumise and Volbeat sounded interesting too and they agreed to stay.

The gang wasn't the only ones who were interested in the Volbeat and Illumise; Jessie, James and Meowth were also in the forest and had their eyes on Volbeat and Illumise.

"Do excuse me, but these Illumise and Volbeat look a bit crumby to me." Meowth said, who was looking at some pictures of Volbeat and Illumise.

"They do to me too," James said, "but remember Team Rocket wishes to control ever part of the Pokémon world."

"Yes and the boss always tell us that when you talk of conquering the whole world, every small and crumby thing counts." Jessie said.

"You're right." Meowth said.

James took was looking at three of his Pokéballs and grinned.

"What's got you all smiling about?" Meowth asked.

"My capture of my three new Pokémon Shroomish, Nuzleaf and Roselia," said James, "I'm always happy when I capture new Pokémon."

"I know what you mean," said Jessie, "I'm happy of my capture of Wingull."

Jessie and James captured Wingull, Shroomish, Nuzleaf and Roselia some time ago.

"I'm glad you two got new Pokémon," said Meowth, "but we need to get ready to grab the Volbeat and Illumise tonight."

So Jessie and James stopped looking at their PokéBalls and got ready for tonight.

Hours later it was starting to get dark and the gang was waiting for the Volbeat and Illumise to start their dance.

"I can't wait to see Volbeat and Illumise dancing." May said excitedly.

"It's sure to be a wonderful sight." Brock said.

The gang waited and waited, but there was no sign of any of the Illumise or Volbeat showing.

"That's strange," said Max, "Volbeat and Illumise should have shown up by now."