Chapter 29: The Battle Round Starts!

"Luna..."

Luna looked up seeing, a familiar Lucario and a black spiky hair teen. "Riley?" She blinked once then smiled, "Riley what are you doing here at the Hoenn League?"

Riley flushed a bit, "Hm, well... Lucario and I was passing by."

"Really."

"Yeah."

Lucario smirked at his master face, "It's good to see you again Luna." He bowed.

"You too Lucario." Luna smile at the aura Pokémon.

"Pi Pichu!" "Chipa Chipa!"

"Nice to see you two as well." Lucario nodded.

"Oh yeah you two arrived on time to see the Hoenn League start. The entrees qualifying round just finished and tomorrow is the qualifying battles to see who will make it." Luna said.

"Oh we made it time." Riley looked at his partner, "Say do you want to stay and watch the Conference Lucario?" He asked.

"Um, I don't mind at all. I say its a great opportunity to see some great battles." Lucario replied.

Luna beamed happily, "That's great come on, I'll introduce you to my other friends who are also competing."

So they arrived back at the room where Luna's brother and friends where waiting for them. The gang was surprise and happy to see Riley and Lucario again, they introduced Morrison and Tyson to them.

It was exciting but May had other plans for them, Luna shivered along with Riley thinking that something bad is about to happen to them soon...

-----•••------

Today was an exciting day because the qualifying battles of the Ever Grande Conference were starting today.

Luna of course had a little trouble of traveling from the hotel rooms to Ever Grande Conference arena... The life...

Right now Tyson, Morrison and the gang were at the Pokémon waiting for instructions of the battles.

Nurse Joy told the trainers the instructions; the rules for the qualifying rounds was that the 256 trainers had to battle in three matches, all double battles, and only 32 trainers had to win all three to make it to the final rounds.

If they lost just one battle they would be out of the tournament.

"Wow sounds like this will be hard, especially since you can't lose one battle if you want to get to the next round." May said.

"Um, these rules are tougher than Kanto and Johto. Well, we'll have to beat all our three opponents won't me buddy." Luna said excitedly.

"Pi Pichu!" "Chipa Chipa!"

"That goes double for me." Morrison said.

It wasn't long until the qualifying rounds started. These rounds were being held in the mini stadiums that stood in the inner circle that surrounded the main stadium.