Chapter 28: Onto the Ever Grande Conference; Opening! Hoenn Torch!

After the Hoenn Grand Festival was all over, the gang had taken a ferry for Ever Grande City where the Hoenn league was taking place.

Apparently this Pokémon league was called the Ever Grande Conference.

Luna felt excited about entering her fourth Pokémon league and she couldn't wait to get there.

"Hey sis do you think you'll win this Pokémon league as well?" Tomo asked.

"Huh, who knows. There's bound to be someone much stronger than me out there, my Pokémon and I need the competition." Luna shrugged, "You never know."

----•••-----

Soon they had set foot in Ever Grande City. It was a busy city, filled with shops, restaurants and other buildings.

May had a guide which explained about the shops and restaurants in Ever Grande City and she suggested they try out the famous ramen restaurant.

With May leading, the gang tried to find the ramen restaurant. Of course with May having poor direction they found it difficult.

Then came trouble; a flock Murkrow were in the area and then they started to attack the gang with peck.

"Pi.. Pichuuuu!" Pichu instantly launched a Thundershock attack at the Murkrow.

"Nows our chance, use roar Growlithe!" Tomo commanded.

Growlithe roared loudly and the Murkrows flew away in terror.

"Phew, good work Growlithe." Tomo praised and Growlithe barked happily.

Just then a male trainer and a Meowth, who was wearing boots and a hat, ran up to the gang.

"Hey you okay?" The trainer asked.

"We're fine we just had trouble with a flock of Murkrows." Brock replied.

"That's the trouble with Murkrow, they love causing trouble wherever they go." The trainer said and he saw Luna, "Wow it's an honour to meet you Luna." He held out his hand to shake.

Luna smiled, "Your welcome..." She shook his hand.

Max asked the trainer if he knew where the ramen restaurant was, since his sister had no idea where it was.

"I'm going to the ramen restaurant too, so I will lead the way" said the trainer.

Thanks to the trainer they made it to the ramen restaurant and they were tucking in to ramen.

The trainer introduced himself as Tyson and he said that he was entering the Ever Grande Conference too.

So Luna had another rival, as well as Morrison, to deal with in the Ever Grand Conference.

"I must say Tyson," Brock said, "apart from wearing a hat and boots, your Meowth looks very well raised."

"Thanks I've had my Meowth for a while now." Tyson said.

Meowth was eating Pokémon food with Pichu, Pachirisu and Growlithe.

Despite being a dog type Pokémon, Growlithe didn't chase or pick a fight with Meowth; Growlithe had been trained to not chase or fight cat type Pokémon like crazy.