The bloody carpet

"I gotta say, you guys make be parentless look like the dream"

"Huh...Huh?" Echo wiped the slumber drool from her chin, waking from her PTSD nightmares, "Five..." She patted the empty bed before her, "Five! Where the hell..." She freaked, 'gracefully' falling from the chair and sprinting down the stair, she heard chatter from the kitchen, "Oh, thank god, I thought you got kidnapped or something." She huffed in the chair next to the boy, heaving.

"Nope, unfortunately I'm still here." Five shot her a sarcastic grin.

"Hey, hey, hey, this is serious guys." Klaus tried to progress his conversation, "This really happened, I swear."

"Okay, fine, I'll pay." The boy open his arms, "What did the old man have to say?"

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life." The sober druggie waved around a spatula, Yada, yada, yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right? But he did mention something about hi murder, or lack thereof, because...he killed himself."

Luther pushed back his set, standing, "I don't have time for your games, Klaus."

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther." Klaus pointed the utensil at his bulky brother, "I'm telling the truth."

"Why's he do it then?" Five investigated, coffee in hand.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again."

"No." Luther shoot him down, "Dad wouldn't just kill himself."

"You said it yourself, he was depressed." Five agreed with his lanky sibling, "Holed up in his office and room all day and night."

"No. There weren't any signs." The monkey man continued to deny, "Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviour."

"Like sending someone to the moon for no reason?" Solved Klaus.

"I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying..."

"I'm not. I'm not."

"Master Klaus is correct." The chimp announced, scaring the hell out of the ginger, who flinched in her seat, "Regretfully...I help Master Hargreeves enact his plan."

Luther gaped, "What?"

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for the both of us." Pogo limped over to them, "More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your Fathers death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five muttered.

"So the security tape we saw?" Luther glanced at the chimp.

"It was meant to further the murder mystery." Pogo confirmed, "Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together...would reignite your desire to be a team again."