The best

" who's Sherly?"

The girl walked in circles all night

The girl walked in circles all night. Her cold, lifeless eyes dazed off. Echo couldn't push back the feeling of horror assaulting her, like a blanket of suffering being flung over her head, only to be tightened, suffocating in her own terror.

It was now morning and the sun beamed in the sky, Echo could feel it's rays prickling at her pale skin, ruby caressed her puffed cheeks, and beads of sweat feathered her forehead, milky crust baking at the climate. She was brought out of her thoughts by a smoky scent prevailing her dotted nose.

Gazing up, Echo recognised the burning building, 'MeriTech'. She also recognised the short body that was blasted out, away from the building. The ginger darted to the shocked boy Fives eyes didn't leave the fire, but he did sink into the warmth that now hugged him.

--------------

It didn't take long for the 'teens' to find a place to squat. In the corner of the library Five began to chug down a clear liquid, he insisted the silent girl try some, saying it would 'calm her nerves'. And it did just that. Echo's snoozing head lay in Five's lap. The boy was also asleep, arm around Delores, delicate hand tangled in Echo's tangerine strands.

"Are they...?" Luther questioned, finally finding his younger, older brother, although in a form he had not expected.

"Drunk as skunks." Diego smirked.

--------------

Number One an Two strolled a puddled alley. Luther carried Five bridal style, and Diego did the same with Echo. "Well, we cant go back to house." Monkey man thought aloud, "It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment."

"My place is closer." Diego informed, readjusting the red-head, "No one will look for them there."

"If you vomit on me..." Luther warned the burping Five.

"You know what's funny?" The drunk boy tilted his head back, "Aah! I'm going through puberty. Huh. Twice."

Echo laughed loudly, "Me too! It's really weird. So many hormones, feelings, urges." Diego grinned down at her, glad she was out of her stuttering state.

"We drank the whole bottle, didn't we?" Five chuckled, "That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof, it's gone. What are you guys talking about?"

Luther sighed, "Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night."

"Oh, yeah." Echo toyed with knife mans shirt, "I remember that. Good times."

"You where there?" Five tried to find the girl, but Luther fought to keep him still.

"Yeah. I went kind of crazy, found out I have new abilities, lost my voice again, then walked in circles all night until I found you." She explained, her loss tongue hard to understand, "And you gave me the 'calm your nerves' medicine, and now I feel amazing." She snag her last words.

"The intruders came looking for you." Diego directed at five, "So I need you to focus. What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." The boy slurred.

"Who?"

"You know, I hate code names." Luther complained.

"Ah, the best of the best." Five complemented, "Except for me, of course."

"The best of what?"

"You know, Delores always said she hated when I drink." Five stroked the dolls neck, "She said it made me surly!"

"Who's Sherly?" Echo placed a hand on her holders jaw, flashing a tired grin.

"No, not 'Sherly', Surly-..."

"Hey!" Diego cut him off, slapping away the gingers hand and turning to the time-traveller, "I need you to focus. What do the Hazel adn Cha-Cha want?" The boy gave him a easing smile, "We just wanna protect you."

"Protect me." Five scoffed, "I don't need your protection, Diego. Do you have any idea how many people I have killed? Any idea how many people Echo has killed?! We're the Four frickin' Horseman. The apocalypse is coming." And with that Five barfed, triggering Echo to do the same.

--------------

"Funny. If I didn't know he was such a prick, I'd say he almost looks almost adorable in his sleep." Diego and Luther towered over the drunk pair. They had now passed out in Spandex's bed, Echo buried in the boys chest, Five's chin rested on her head, arm wrapped around her, "And if she didn't just puke on my shoes, maybe I'd think she was sweet cuddled up with him."

"Well, don't worry. They'll sober up eventually." Luther words phase out as the half asleep Echo puts her focus on Five.

She tucked away his loose hairs, hands resting on his cheekbones, "Thank you, Five." The buy hummed in his slumber, "Thank you for helping me get out of there. Thank you for giving me something to escape for. You're the best." Her eyes fastened , snuggling in closer to her partner, he tightened his hold. Sleep settling in her.

--------------

A/N: Yes, I know this was a short one

I am so tired right now. But who cares, I'm not going to stop righthiwhdfhih

Thank you so much for reading<3

Peace out losers,

xoxo PansAreSmoken