Hellfire

I watched the group curiously as they prepared their plan which was bound to fail. They came back with fresh determination. "Lets kill this son of a bitch."

Vecna had 15 life points. The pair had 12. Chances of success 20 to 1 but they were having none of it. This fresh determination was infectious. I once again believed we could win. "Give me the d20."

He shook the dice fire in his eyes and rolled. Everything felt like time slowed as I felt my heart echoing throughout my skull.

11.

"THATS A MISS!" Eddie said shacking his head taunting. The party cursed in outraged at their failure. And I held back laughter at Eddies reaction. Erica took her roll. Their was still hope.

20.

"Crit hit!" She yelled and the party began cheering. "what? What!" Eddie said holding his arms like a dinosaur before clapping. "That's why we play." Then he bowed and spread his arms like a mock roll and holy shit. That was attractive. For a split second I found myself forgetting the victory and watching Eddie instead. Until he glanced at me seated next to him and smiled.

He 100 percent noticed that.

The party continued their celebration. Thrilled by their victory.

When the all left I hung behind to help clean up. Being one the adults it felt right. "So have fun." He asked still riding his adrenaline high. He was bouncing about as I actually cleaned. "That was amazing. And you were amazing, didn't know you were such a talented DM."

"I am a man of many talents." He yelled doing a little spin. I was just watching him smiling. I liked him being happy.

"I know I'm a very attractive man but there's time to stare later." He grinned at me with his stupid face. "Oh fuck off." Then rather unexpectedly he asked me," To you wanna come back to mine for a bit, have a drink." It was already late. "Fuck it, I am probably skipping work tomorrow anyway. Why not get shit faced." He was gleaming. "Perfect! I just have a client coming over but she wont be long."

We walked pretty much the same route back. Through the forest. Him being a prick trying to scare me. Then me actually scaring him and his scream was hilarious so high pitched. I practically pissed myself laughing. "oh my god your such a baby. Wah wah." I took the piss out of him for most of the walk back. Until he scared me back, then the bullying flipped. When we arrived to his trailer a blonde girl was waiting. His client I'm assuming. "Chrissy! This is Yn don't mind him. Lets get to business." He said with a small clap of his hands letting us all into his home. "My uncles not here but be careful not to break anything." I recognised the girl now. She was on the cheerleading team.

"Sorry for the mess. The maid to the week off" He joked. I laughed. before sitting myself down out the way. Chrissy was twitchy asking questions of how long it took to kick in. Eddie answering. Me zoning out. He left for a second and ran to his room talking to himself. Then Chrissy started to freak out she was looking around like something was there before here eyes rolled up. "Eddie? EDDIE!". He ran back in. "Somethings wrong with her." He hesitantly walked up to her. "Chrissy... wake up." She was completely unresponsive. "Chrissy I don't like this." When the lights started flickering I realised something was up. "Eddie back away." I said getting up and approaching him. He clapped in front of her face. "Hey hello. Wake upp Chrissy. Chrissy wake up. I don't like this Chrissy. Wake up!" HE was getting more and more alarmed as she shook on the spot still unresponsive. I grabbed his jacket and pulled him back as she started levitating from the floor. "What the?" He asked alarmed.

Her body slammed against the ceiling and I still held Eddie. Her bones snapped and her limbs bent in unnatural ways before her jaw dislocating and eyes popping blood leaking out. When she fell back down. I rushed passed Eddie to check her pulse. Nothing. Holy shit there is a dead body. And it definitely looked like we did this. Eddie grabbed my arm and dragged me out before fully spiriting. A kid watched us leave. Oh god.

"Someone saw us. Oh god were fucked." I asked panic rising.