"If he wanted to be CEO, he should have just told me." (34)

Brynne was just about to prepare for bed when she decided to check on her father in his study. He had been working a lot lately since Vivian called off the wedding and Brynne still felt guilty about it.

She knocked twice on his door before pushing it open. She saw him staring at something; completely zoned out. Walking closer, it was clear what he was looking at. It was their family picture. Now Brynne was angry.

"Why are you looking at that?"

Harry didn't seem startled by her outburst, instead he sighed. "Last time I checked, these were my eyes,"

"I thought you were done with this,"

"I am done. Can't a man reminisce?" He set the picture aside and folded his arms.

"Can you be honest with me for once? How do you really feel?"

"I feel like my daughter should stop being nosy," he said cheekily.

"I'm not being nosy, I'm being concerned."

Harry shook his head. "Do you know what I love most about you?"

Brynne remained quiet, waiting for his answer.

"I love that you worry and that you care but I'm a big boy. Believe me when I say I'll pull through. Alright?"

She said nothing at first. She only stared at him, seeing through his facade. Micah and her father had more in common than they thought.

"If you play this off as nothing... as if Vivian isn't worth you confronting your feelings, then you would have lost the most important person in your life — and I'm not talking about me." With that statement, she left the room with her father staring at her.

The next morning, she woke up feeling down. A lot of things needed to be fixed and she just didn't know how to do it. Knowing she had another exam to do, she reluctantly rolled out of bed and went for the shower.

Today will be a great day, she told herself over and over again.

_______________________

"How are they doing?" Amira asked the doctor while standing outside of the ICU.

"They're alive but not out of the woods yet. The explosion threw them across the road, causing multiple fractures and head trauma. If they survive today then it's a start,"

Amira could only nod while Kai shook the doctor's hand. They both came running the minute they got the call about Marcus and Archie. Josie and Nathan were back at the house doing their best to find information from the CCTVs around the area.

It was then the nurse turned the TVs volume up, making Amira and Kai turn their heads.

It was a press conference with the Prime minister. Cameras flashed a thousand times a minute as he found it hard to speak.

"What happened today was undoubtedly one of the worst days in London's history. Not only did we lose talented, dedicated and honored officials but now we've lost the fight against this infamous London bomber.

"However, that doesn't mean we will stay defeated. As our families and friends grieve, we will avenge the ones we lost and continue to protect this city from terrorists. I will let our newly appointed Security Advisor say a few words on this matter." The Prime Minister gestured to another man that was now in the spotlight.

Amira looked at Kai as fear washed over her. That man was behind all their troubles. That man was responsible for the death of so many people. That man was now in charge of this country's national security. Alexander Geller.