"If you're smart and value your life, you'd do the same." (27)

"Amira," Kai said while holding her shoulders after she kissed him.

He knew she was confused at the moment and now wasn't the right time for her to decide her feelings. When Nathan didn't show up then he would have thought this was her making a decision...

—but with Nathan here, Kai knew there was some unresolved feelings.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't have to force yourself to feel something for me,"

"What?"

"I can wait... but it has to be genuine and sincere. I don't want you to confuse your feelings even more," he stood from his seat.

"Are you rejecting me?" She stepped back; wondering if this was a mistake.

"No, I'm not... but I also won't be in some love triangle with you and Nathan. I know what I want. Now, you need to figure out what it is that you want. Until then, I can't entertain your advances,"

His words really struck her. This was not how she thought it would go. She thought they would kiss and it would tell her who she wanted to be with— but instead, Kai had rejected her.

Not that she could blame him.

He stood up for himself and she had to respect that. 

Amira nodded and stepped back from him. 

"Erm... I found something," both of them turned around to see Nathan by the doorway with the laptop in his hand.

"What did you find?" Kai asked him. 

"Well," he walked towards them and put the laptop on the table, "I traced the footage back to what I think was the origin point. The first one is the bomber," he pressed play. 

The footage seemed like someone rewound a VHS tape and Amira watched closely; following the bomber as he left the restaurant, got back into his cab and reversed across town until he came out in front of an apartment building. 

"Can you get the address?" 

"Already got it... but you should look at the second footage," he pulled up the screen and pressed play. 

The second footage showed the route of the delivery van where the bomb was stored. The boxes had travelled all the way back to a small chemical facility outside of London. 

"What the fuck?" Kai replayed the scene again. 

"That's the thing... this place is a research facility. It has nothing to do with anything. No one of interest is affiliated with this place and there definitely isn't anyone by the name of Xavier working there."

"What about the apartment? Who's name is it under?"

"Let me check that right now," his fingers flew across the keyboard. 

I guess he didn't lie about being a hacker after all. Amira thought.

"Fuck," he muttered before typing even faster. 

"What's happening?"

"Someone's trying to block me out," 

"You mean another hacker?" 

"Possibly," he continued to type. 

"What can we do?" Kai asked. 

"Go to the address... the most I can do from here is try to stop them from crashing my system. You have to go now and stop whoever is doing this," Nathan took a seat to get more comfortable. This was going to take a while.