3: Demons and Their Nine Circles of Hell

Comment or I'll take 40 chapters to make the fuck

Jk (⁠ ̄⁠(⁠エ⁠)⁠ ̄⁠)⁠ノ or am I?

"If the present world goes astray, the cause is in you, in you, it is to be sought."

― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

Lunaire's POV:

A prolonged breath escapes me as I stare at the large, extravagant building. Cars whoosh by, the sound of horns blaring on the road as small snowflakes dance along with the wintry breeze.

A chill runs down my bones as I wrap the coat tightly around my body. It was a gloomy day, grey and white.

Moscow is a busy city.

It is relatively colder than the UK, unsurprisingly. The fact that I have made it this far without catching a case of hypothermia is a wonder in itself.

A breath escapes me, fog surrounding me like smoke. The gloomy grey day seems to have become more rusty as I slowly walk to the large gate guarding the building standing in the mirage of snow.

I take in the name plate.

Vladislav Co.

I swallow a lump, coldness seeping in. I take out the small paper the professor gave me, double checking the address, nervously meeting the eyes of awfully cold people.

Russians are always dressed nicely. Immaculate, neat. Most of them seem busy as they brush past me without any care. One or two people I make eye contact with, give me an annoyed look as I share an awkward smile.

They don't seem to smile.

"Don't forget Lunaire, you are a criminologist!" The old professor's voice rings in my head, "You have access to people and data no one else does. You are not an ordinary person! You will go there in disguise, and as a criminologist, not someone who wants to find the truth about her mother, yes?"

I take another deep breath, the cold air assaulting my nostril.

"Remember, go into the building, show your ID and tell them you are from the UK and on behalf of the morning news to interview Mikarah Vladislav. They will decline at first but you will tell them you are a student who just wants to ask him about his business, understood?"