14: Diabolic

Leave some comments 🎂

_______

I have a heart that is inured to suffering and I shall steel it to endure that too.- Homer, The Odyssey.

- Homer, The Odyssey

Lunaire's POV:

Where am I?

An anarchic wave of the sea pushes my lithe body to the bank. I cough, gasping for air as I grasp at the water, swimming to the shore.

A masculine laughter echoes through the darkness of the night, I flail my arms; desperate to breathe.

The sea becomes shallower, as I plant my foot on the sand. The universe shines through the sky. I run, despair curling within me. Dread and grief. Grief for something, for someone.

He lays on the ground, soaked in his own blood, my arrow piercing right through his back.

"No!" I scream. It can not be.

I kneel, a goddess in front of a mortal. A mortal I have loved more than myself, our tragic entanglement in the world of our metamorphosis.

He trembles under my touch, gasping for breath. His jet back curls fall over his forehead, his beautiful green eyes almost devoid of life.

"I shall do anything to protect you," Apollo's voice ricochets from a distance.

"No," I sob, cradling his body in my arms, "He can't leave me. Not like this. I will bring him back to life. I will do anything for him, even if it means crossing the stars."

My beautiful hunter lays motionless in my arms, unblinking. I place a kiss on his lips, tasting his blood along my salty tears.

I taste his pain, the betrayal of being killed by the one he loved.

"And after a time you will realise a god and a mortal are never meant to be," I look up at Apollo's serene figure looming over us.

"Why?" I whisper in disbelief and anguish, "Why would you do it?"