19: Solipsism

"A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time"

Homer, The Odyssey

Recap: Lunaire is brought to an orgasm by Kairos' gun. They still search for Dupont's killer. Uriel's brother, Lannister is killed and the killer remains unidentified. It is confirmed that the killer is a female, not a male.

 It is confirmed that the killer is a female, not a male

Kairos' POV:

A whisper of a breeze, a lilt of coarse breaths. Heavy eyelids, as if an entire week of sleeplessness falling upon me.

I stare up at the ceiling, a warm female body curled up beside me. She sleeps like a kitten, soft and snuggly. I know she is exhausted. When she wakes up, in her sex induced inebriation, she will utter her most prized secrets.

I hold up the watch, it glimmers under the dim nightlight. The noise of the city blends in, a whoosh of snowy air rushing through the open window. I get up, small cramps tightening in my muscles.

Her skin is naked, bruised. They look like stripes, like the flaws of the moon.

Her lips are parted, she snores heavily. Her jet black hair is a stark contrast to her porcelain skin, falling over her back and spreading around like a wave. A pink flush over her spine and the round pillow she hugs closer.

She is, undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful women I have come across.

No thoughts occupy my mind as I extend my finger to trace her cheeks. I halt, what the fuck am I doing? I can not possibly be thinking about this girl.

I grab the gun, its tips glistening still, from her arousal. Eyes still, fingers unmoving, those mellifluous sounds she made ringing in my ears like a serenade.

The snow laden city seems deep asleep, yet awake. The Tames glisten like that of a serpent's skin, a predator waiting to gobble the city alive. I take out a cigar, the sound of a snap and the lighter fires up. Its warmth, for some reason, is more welcoming than that of the woman.

I have everything a man could ever want.

Yet I crave more.

I pine for pandemonium. My pining is not euphoric, in fact, it causes more pain. More hurt. Yet, I crave for more, more and more.