17: Serenade

I am very very sorry for not updating this book for so long

I am very very sorry for not updating this book for so long. Honestly I lost my motivation to write anything as many events transpired in my life. I keep saying that I will try to update more regularly but the thing is I feel burnt out.

Any suggestions to combat it? Because I really want to write but I don't have the motivation to do it plus this book doesn't have any algorithm favours (votes or comments) it makes me want to delete this book altogether.

I will try to complete it within February.

Thank you so much for your patience and giving this story a chance.

______

This is a mildly spicy chapter 🔥

________

"Her heart raced with joy to sleep with War"

Homer, The Odyssey

― Homer, The Odyssey

Lunaire's POV:

I left my watch at his home.

I didn't realise its absence when I was escorted out by Uriel, perhaps I was too indulged in my own abstract fantasy as I was wounded and utterly distracted by the thoughts of the enigmatic man.

The man with whom I have seemingly sealed and entangled my fate with.

I search through my drawer desperately and some more, more clothes join the heap on the floor as I rummage through my closet. I know I have lost it, yet the hope still lingers within me.

That I will not have to enter the devil's lair once again.

That my watch is safe.

The last flicker of hope diminishes as I stare at the empty, dark corner.

A faint headache, like a slithering serpent, crawls up my forehead. He cannot have it. I must find it before he does.

I sit on the plush carpet, utterly mindless and cursing the fuck out of myself; caressing my wrist. My mother's watch is the most prized possession of mine, and I would have to be dead before losing it.