15: Anti-Heroes

"And empty words are evil

"And empty words are evil."

Homer, The Odyssey

________

In the honor of his POV, do leave some comments ❤️

Kairos' POV:

The ode of dusk melts into the skin of the night as stars shine upon the Earth. The car sways gently as it rushes through the busy London traffic.

I stare at the horizontal cut across my right palm. A white bandage and a whisper of scarlet seeping through it.

"You are not her saviour," His voice resonates from the darkness.

The idea is entirely too illusive. A saviour is selfless, kind, philanthropic. A hero who is only suitable for legends. Myths.

One that does not have demons screaming and gnawing inside, begging to be unleashed. One that is lucid, like a fucking sunlight.

"I never claimed to be one."

For being a saviour, I must be a good person. I must have the purity it takes to be one.

I am too rotten for that, defiled to the core, hanging between the obstructions of good and evil.

Born of darkness, a raging inferno lurking within. Everything that is foul and evil. Every sin, every material of one's worst nightmares.

The villain.

The antihero. The devil, the ones slain by all those good doers.

The ones that are forgotten at the epilogue.

I am to destroy the world, not save it.

"You will get burned if you get too close," Uriel deadpans, "Be careful."

"To conquer, one must know the land," I kill the cigar, meeting his assessive eyes, "Lunaire is only a pawn to my game. I do not care about her. I am not here to save her. I am here to use what she can offer me and vice versa."