6: Hands of Midas

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR READING LIST AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKED THE STORY

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR READING LIST AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKED THE STORY. IT HELPS MORE THAN YOU CAN THINK :)

"In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost."

Dante Alighieri, Inferno

― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Lunaire's POV:

"Walk straight!" Svetlana, the redhead's voice echoes through the large hallway as she presses the cold barrel of her gun at my back.

A tremor runs down my spine as I slowly walk through the large, sophisticated hall.

Moonlight pours through the large windows, bathing the golden walls in silver. The faint tune of the orchestra penetrates the thick walls. Her floral scent clings in the air, the crisp smell of snow hums along with it.

This part of the massive hotel remains hidden from public eyes. Curtains and walls shield it.

To hide the bloody mess that's buried underneath it.

The mellifluous tune of the orchestra becomes more prominent as the entryway comes into sight.

Men dressed in black suits ornate the hallway, each holding a gun. If I weren't so banged up and caught in my own phantasmagoria, I would have laughed.

They look comical, almost straight out of a movie.

My eyes wanders to the tall shadows that crowded the hallway. Like statues, they are unmoving.

As if frozen in time.

One particular man catches my eyes. He stands there tall and regal, unflinching.

No emotion betrays his face, yet, his presence is larger than the room itself.

Beyond me or anyone else.

The weight of his eyes settles deep inside my bones, ringing through my blood. Something had changed in that room.

Something awakened within me when he touched me.