13: The Oath of Blood (R)

"But listen to me first and swear an oath to use all your eloquence and strength to look after me and protect me

"But listen to me first and swear an oath to use all your eloquence and strength to look after me and protect me."- Homer, The Illiad

Warning: chapter has some bloodplay, heavy sexual content and a little bit of degradation. Viewer discretion advised 🙈

It is a new chapter so please vote and comment. It would mean a lot to me :)

 It would mean a lot to me :)

Lunaire's POV:

The impending dawn colours the sky in a deep shade of red. It reminds me of blood.

I have lain awake for hours now. It is impossible to sleep when I am in the home of the pakhan.

The grey, wooden ceiling is an acquaintance. So are the white walls and the marble floor.

It looks.... empty. For some reason, the colour grey seems awfully bleak in comparison to a man like the pakhan.

I imagine him to be the embodiment of vivid colours. Red, grey, blue and maybe a hint of gold.

I know he was here, watching over me. I could feel his presence that seemed to beckon my being like no other.

I pretended to sleep, with the blanket covering my body but I might as well have been naked and with my heart ripped out, bleeding all over the white sheets.

The man disturbs me in a way I cannot comprehend.

Cold air hits my skin as I sit up, searching for my cell phone. I notice 50 missed calls from Marienne, Rose and Tasha, 30 texts from Tasha and some of my other classmates. So the news of the fire has been broadcasted widely.

I open my text-to-speech app and call Marienne. It rings thrice before he picks up.

"Luna!" Marienne's usually calm voice sounds anxious, "Where are you? Are you in the hospital? Where is-"

"Brother-"

"Don't brother me, young lady! You fucked up! Bloody hell, do you know how worried Rose is for you? You know she is fragile! She cannot be worried in her state!"