11: The Devil's Lair

Are you liking the story so far?

Say goodbye to Inferno and Hi to Odyssey 😁

Please leave some comments 😠

________________________

"Man is the vainest of all creatures that have their being upon earth."- Homer, The Odyssey.

"- Homer, The Odyssey

Lunaire's POV:

In order to create chaos, tranquillity is needed.

To catch a prey, it must be lured out first.

An invisible enemy is as good as non-existent. To create the fear of something, that something must exist in the first place.

Rustles of footsteps echo through the vast, mostly empty ballroom. The place resembles a haunted, abandoned castle.

"Lenin is dead?" The pakhan asks after a moment of silence. The tall man nods, eyeing me for a brief moment.

I cower under the man's... Uriel's gaze. He is intimidating, his golden eyes tear me apart, as if assessing the deepest part of my soul.

For a moment, I feel as if he can see me, with all my grotesque.

"Is Ms. Sybil unharmed?" Uriel asks the pakhan.

"She is," The Pakhan replies, tucking his gun at the back of his pants, "Send Lenin's body to Dr. Dimitri. He will take a look. You and Svetlana, survey the area and ask Mr. Victor's guard to provide you the footage."

Uriel nods stiffly.

The Pakhan pats his shoulder. A moment passes between them, as both of them nod in silent understanding.

"You know we can not go back empty handed, don't you Uriel? Our soil asks of us to bring glory to it."

Uriel nods. With a last glance at my way, he jogs off.

"Come with me," The deep timbre of his dark voice reminds me of whiskey and a cosy winter morning.

I give him a questioning look, signing, "Why?"