25: Buried in the Snow

We have two more chapters left and maybe one chapter of smut

Please show this story some love.

After this story is done I will start EoB
______

"Again I rush to my battle and choose death in my misery,"

- Aeneid, Virgil

Kairos' POV:

Wisps of cold air dance around us like a mayhem, the gloom of winter seeping through the roof in the form of scintillating light. Her eyes shine with the delight of a hunter succeeding cornering its prey.

Her red painted lips are lifted in a smirk, I am assaulted with her smell. Her hair cascades down her back like a jet black waterfall.

She thinks she has the upperhand in this game.

"I give the credits where it is due," I clapped my hands slowly, the sound reverberating through the empty hall, "You played well, Celeste."

"I had to," She takes something from in between her breasts and throws it to me. I catch it lazily, eyeing her, "Give that to Uriel."

"What is this?" I eye the small plastic wrapped box in dismay.

"Uriel needs to know that his brother is exactly like them," She doesn't need to elaborate on who 'them' are.

"Lannister was barely eighteen himself," I hiss, "Don't you dare dishonour his death because of your delusional quest."

"Delusional quest?" She lets out a bitter laugh, "You were ten when you had your first kill, Kairos. That doesn't make you any less of a murderer."

"Ah," I clench my jaw, bitterness seeping in my blood, "So that is where your enmity lies with me."

"You had no right to slit my throat and leave me on the snow to bleed me to death," She whispers, "I deserved to live."

"Live with what?" Fury like I have never felt before swirls within me, "Live in a cartel famous for child trafficking? Live in a body without a soul? I was a fucking kid! That was the only way I could save you, don't you dare put that blame on me."