5: A Deal With the Devil

Comment for a cookie 🍪

Love you 😭
_____________

"Remember tonight... for it is the beginning of always"
Dante Alighieri

 for it is the beginning of always"― Dante Alighieri

Lunaire's POV:

A sea of snow and a never-ending horizon of mist. A field of nothingness and a rusty, gigantesque infrastructure in the middle of it.

PURGATORY

It read in faded letters. The R hangs by a small piece of metal, a half broken A.

"It is your new home, do you like it?"

A breath escapes me as the sensation of small needles piercing my skin intensifies.

"Wake up. Wake the fuck up!" A voice screams within my head, "It is not real. You are dreaming."

"Come on, baby," A moustached man comes into the view, tall, shaven head, decaying teeth as he extends his hand to me, "Do you want candy, sweetheart?"

"Wake up!"

A gasp escapes me as consciousness simmers through my blood, jolting me awake. My eyes remain closed, something heavy and soft weighs down on me. I don't dare to move my limbs.

It was the same nightmare I have been having for a decade. A rustic building that looks like an amusement park, a burly man with a moustache, shaven head and decaying teeth offering me candy as he tries to lure me inside.

The dream was unsettling and creepy. It left me shaken for hours whenever I had it.

I regain my consciousness slowly. It takes me a good three minutes to register that I am captive, in Russia and possibly dead.

With a thrumming head and aching back, it is apparent that everything that happened back there with Ms. Redhead was real.

Cautiously, I open my eyes and take in the giant room painted in silver and white. Wall paintings adorn the entire ceiling.