𝐢𝐢𝐢. don't go in creepy basements

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter three: don't go in creepy basements

August 30, 2015Hackett HouseUpstate New York, New York

August 30, 2015
Hackett House
Upstate New York, New York

CASSIDY WAS USUALLY ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE AWAKE IN THE HOUSE. The first being Constance and the second being Kaylee. He learned from Kaylee to be quiet this early in the morning. After several instances of trial and error, she taught him how little force was needed to open the bedroom doors if you didn't want the hinges creaking, and which floorboards to avoid when walking. It had taken an hour, at most, for him to perfect the door opening thing. There were so many floorboards in the house that the floorboard avoidance took him three hours to perfect. He opens the door slowly, making sure none of the three hinges creaked as he pushed it open. As for last night, if you excluded when he'd wake up to his family being suspicious, he was fully rested, having gotten ten hours of sleep from seven-thirty at night to five-thirty in the morning.

His boredom got the best of him at times, so staying in his room was never really an option. He needed something to do other than rot in bed all day while using his phone. Whenever he decided to do that, he would just keep a bunch of bags of snacks and cans of energy drinks in his room. But then one day, his grandmother found his stash of food and the ridiculous amount of Monster, and now he was no longer allowed to do that. It was more of a challenge trying to stay upstairs in his own bedroom. Going everywhere else was extremely tempting—perks of being extremely nosy—and it would lead to him ignoring the urge and then distracting himself by playing an idle tycoon game on his phone to pass time.

There wasn't much for him to do this early. He'd realize that a long time ago. It would only be about another half hour until his grandmother woke up, and then about another fifteen minutes until Kaylee woke up.

He spent the next thirty minutes doing something productive. Going to the bathroom to freshen up. He had washed his face, brushed his teeth, and then took a shower. All of this maybe took fifteen minutes. The next fifteen minutes were spent going back into his room. He had swept the floor, dusted off furniture, and spread his bed, all of these things having been completed in a few minutes, though, spreading the bed took the most time.

After that, it was six o'clock—a more acceptable time to be awake. He pockets his phone and earphones before double-checking to make sure he hadn't missed anything when cleaning. Everything was clean and reorganized. Then, he leaves the room and enters the hallway.

He listens out for anything that could let him know if anyone was awake. The Hackett House was overall fairly silent.

He could hear someone's footsteps as they pace their room. The footsteps were coming from Travis' old childhood bedroom. Travis stays in there whenever he's here, though his own place is only a few miles away from Hackett House.