𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. family is everything

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-four: family is everything

August 23, 2021Hackett HouseUpstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Hackett House
Upstate New York, New York

THE FLOOR OF THE ATTIC HAD COLLAPSED AT THREE-TEN IN THE MORNING. The three teens and werewolf Chris land on the floor with a loud thud. They don't recover as fast as they'd like, but werewolf Chris was the first one up, already crossing the room to pin Bobby to the wall to try and kill him. Ryan pushes Laura off of him, sending the girl stumbling backwards. Cassidy blinks rapidly, trying to clear his blurry vision. His ears were ringing and everything was just going so wrong already.

As Cassidy pushes himself up to stand, staggering to his feet, he can tell his senses were heightened even more than before. He could hear everything in this room. Their rapid heartbeats. The blood traveling through their veins. Their heavy breathing. Werewolf Chris' growling. Bobby's strained grunts as he tries to push his werewolf brother away from him. Laura smacking her forehead with the palms of her hands as she freaks out over the fact her transformation was starting. Ryan crawling under one of the tables. The footsteps from out in the hall as Travis makes his way to whatever room this was. And his pupils were dilated, letting in less light but it was making his eyes hurt and his headache was starting to come back.

But this oncoming headache was also accompanied by excessive sweating, the feeling of nausea, dizziness, and what felt like the beginnings of a fever.

"Not now, not now, not now... Please," Cassidy mutters, slapping his face as if that was going to do anything. He hoped fighting it would do something, at least. He hoped.

The door to the room opens and Travis enters, gun held firmly in his hands. He glances around the room, seeing everything that was currently happening, but before he can do anything, blood splatters across the room as Laura turns. A swing of her arm makes Travis stumble backward into the wall, falling against the mirror behind him. It shatters upon contact, the glass breaking off into various-sized shards. His fingers brush a piece of glass and he picks it up, staring at it as an idea popped into his head.

"Silver-backed mirror..." Travis says in realization. He looks up from the shard of glass, turning his attention to his youngest brother. "Bobby—the gun!"

But Bobby was in no condition to get the gun. It wasn't near him, it was by the table where Ryan and Cassidy were. And werewolf Chris had just thrown Bobby into the wall. Bobby kicks werewolf away, but that only angers it. It lunges at him, pinning him to the wall, and the man does everything he can to keep werewolf Chris from ripping his throat out.

Both Travis and Bobby were going to get mauled to death if someone didn't try to save them.

I have to do somethin', Cassidy thinks, glancing back and forth between the two sides of the room.