𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. dead girl in the pool

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter eighteen: dead girl in the pool

August 22, 2021Hackett's QuarryUpstate New York, New York

August 22, 2021
Hackett's Quarry
Upstate New York, New York

THE GROUP OF SEVEN TURNS AROUND TO FACE THE POOL HOUSE. "What the fuck?" Dylan questions as they all see someone running past the building. Cassidy couldn't really get a good look at the person from here, but it was a blonde dressed in all black clothing. The only other blonde he knew was—

Laura Kearney, Cassidy thinks, turning to face the others as they glance at each other nervously.

"Did she shoot at us?" Kaitlyn asks.

"No, she shot at something at the pool," Cassidy says quietly, watching as the blonde vaults the brick wall and leaves the pool area, not seeming to notice the group of teens out at the middle of the cabin area.

"Who's there?!" Ryan calls out threateningly, raising his gun.

There's no response. The blonde had already disappeared from sight.

Abi and Nick take off toward the pool house, leaving Cassidy, Sawyer, Kaitlyn, Ryan, and Dylan by the benches and the big oak tree.

"Who was she?" Dylan asks, coming to standing beside Kaitlyn and Cassidy.

"Should we follow her?" Kaitlyn asks, looking at the others.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Sawyer starts to say, but stops when she sees Cassidy start to head off toward the pool house.

Cassidy keeps walking until he reaches the bricked walls. He vaults the part not surrounded by chain link fencing and enters the outdoor pool area. The others soon enter after him.

Kaitlyn lets out a gasp as she stares at the pool before looking up at Dylan. "Aw, shit, Dylan! What is that...?!"

Dylan doesn't answer, staring at the water. The entire group is silent.

The clear water was stained red with crimson, the moonlight illuminating the water. A body floats up to the surface, face down in the water, limbs sprawled out.

Abi backs up from the edge of the pool, startling as she bumps into Nick. Nick places an arm around her in comfort. The red-haired girl wraps her arms around Nick, pressing her head against his chest as he rubs her back in comfort.

"Is she, like, one of those hunter dudes?" Kaitlyn asks curiously, looking toward the others.

"I don't... No, she's..." Cassidy trails off, stepping closer to the edge of the pool. He recognizes the black bra and black underwear on the person, and he already feels tears starting to pool in his eyes. "No... No, no, no, no..."