𝐱𝐱𝐯. the remastered plan

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-five: the remastered plan

August 23, 2021Hackett HouseUpstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Hackett House
Upstate New York, New York

IT WAS NOW A FEW MINUTES PAST THREE-TWENTY-TWO IN THE MORNING. Some of the tension from earlier had subsided, but not completely. Travis, Ryan, and Cassidy were still in the room, discussing the werewolf situation.

"If Chris isn't the first," Ryan starts, looking between the two of them, "then who is?"

"Caleb..." Travis starts to say, locking eyes with the Erzahler boy.

"What?"

Travis sighs in annoyance at being interrupted. "Caleb bit Chris, Kaylee, and Gabriel... Chris was just trying to protect them... He's a good man, my brother."

"Who bit Caleb?" Ryan questions, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"Silas did," Cassidy answers, fiddling with the strap of the gun that was slung over his shoulders. "Wasn't his fault, though. He was scared."

"We've been tracking him for years," Travis continues. "He's... a transient." He stares down at his lap, shaking his head. "He'd been long gone from the area, or so we thought, we don't know, but we hoped he'd come back so we could end this."

Ryan nods, letting him know he was still listening.

"Anyway," Travis looks back up at him, "there's sightings up and down the coast... a feral albino child... a giant white wolf..."

"White wolf..." Ryan mumbles, sharing a glance with Cassidy.

"What..." Travis looks at Ryan. "What did you say?" He gets up and lunges at Ryan, seizing him by his shoulders. "Where! Where did you see it? Where?!"

"Dad, let him go!" Cassidy snaps, stepping forward and grabbing the collar of the man's uniform, trying to pull him off of Ryan. "Let go of him!"

"At the— At the cabins, earlier tonight," Ryan exclaims, a scared look in his eyes as he stares wide-eyed at the sheriff.

Travis loosens his grip and lets go, nodding as he starts to back up. "Okay... okay... okay, it makes sense. It all makes sense." He looks between Cassidy and Ryan before continuing. "He must have been back for months and he's what ran Laura and Max off the road two months ago."

Cassidy is the one to speak next. "I think he roams, but only ever comes back when somethin' or someone scares him off. Harum Scarum's been his home for most of his life, and after the fire... Poor thing..."