𝐱𝐱. the excavation site

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty: the excavation site

August 23, 2021Hackett's QuarryUpstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Hackett's Quarry
Upstate New York, New York

BEFORE THEY WENT OUT INTO THE WOODS, CASSIDY HEADS BACK TO THE CENTER OF THE CABINS AREA TO GET HIS SHOTGUN AND THE SHELLS. He sets the box down on one of the wooden picnic tables and opens it up, taking out some of the shells to put in his pocket and in the gun itself. He didn't know whether or not these shells had silver in them, but considering he had stole them from the supply closet in his house two months ago, there was most likely silver in the shotgun shells.

He leaves the box on the table and heads back over to where Laura and Ryan were waiting out by the edge of camp, leading into the woods. It was one-thirty in the morning and it still raining by the time they entered the woods, the wet ground squishing under their shoes, the warm air doing nothing to make Cassidy feel clean. He and Ryan were still covered in blood from when Nick turned.

Cassidy glances around whenever he heard the rustling of branches, but it was just the wind blowing through the trees. Werewolf Gabe isn't out to get you, he reassures himself, turning back to the path they were walking. Him being out here with Ryan and Laura wasn't making him feel any safer. And it always felt like something was watching him out here.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Laura asks, breaking the silence that had fallen between the trio when they entered first left the pool house.

"You assumin' I ain't know where my house is?" Cassidy scoffs, furrowing his brows. "You think I'm leadin' you like a lamb to slaughter?"

"This doesn't feel right," Laura says as she stops walking. "I think you're up to something."

"I ain't," he stops walking and turns around to face her. "I don't like being out in these woods at night, so I wouldn't be tryin' to purposely get us lost. Don't know about you, but I'm not tryin' to die tonight."

"You better not just be running out the clock," she accuses.

"I ain't," Cassidy repeats, turning back around again and continuing to walk. He didn't want to talk to her much, each time he did, he kept thinking about how she killed Kaylee and how she wanted to kill Chris, and it made him mad just thinking about it. So he kept his mouth shut in order to not make his anger worsen.

"The longer we're out here, the longer we're in danger," Laura starts speaking again and it's making Cassidy irritated.

"Said the murderer," Ryan mutters.