𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. reunion

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-nine: reunion

August 23, 2021Hackett's Quarry Summer CampUpstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp
Upstate New York, New York

THE FOUR OF THEM HAD SAT IN SILENCE THE ENTIRE WAY BACK TO CAMP. When Travis pulls the car into the camp entrance and parks it, none of them get out right away. The Lodge is ahead, but the boys were nervous. Cassidy and Ryan didn't know what to expect once they got out and went inside. Neither of them knew if the others had survived the night. Silas didn't know what to expect once he could properly meet the others. But in the end, the three of them knew that they, and the others, would have to take a moment to talk about what happened during the night. Along with Travis most likely not letting them tell the rest of the police what the fuck happened and that they'd have to make up a story to tell. Cassidy was not going to like that.

It's officially six-twenty-five when they finally get out the car. As they are closing the doors to the car, a light from inside the Lodge turns on, and the front doors burst open and the sound of hurried footsteps on the stairs follow. A relieved sigh leaves Cassidy when he realizes that the people who just run out were Emma and Abi.

Both girls had dried blood on their faces and in their hair. The blood coating their hair made Emma's blonde hair look much darker than it was, and it made Abi's brown and pink hair matted. Parts of Emma's green turtleneck were torn. There were blood stains all over Abi's clothes. And from what the boys could tell, both girls seemed to be okay, apart from these things.

"Thank goodness you guys are okay! Emma was trying to convince me that you two had died," Abi exclaims.

"I did not," Emma replies with a frown as she crosses her arms. "You convinced yourself. You worry too much, Abi."

"Okay, Emma," Abi replies, rolling her eyes. "Whatever you say..."

Emma gives her a playful shove before turning back to face Cassidy and Ryan giving them both a hug. It's only then that she realizes that something was wrong when Cassidy winces. She quickly lets go of him, brows furrowed in confusion as she notices the two entry wounds on the upper right part of his chest and the large blood stain on his shirt. The blood was still seeping through the fabric.

"Those are bullet wounds, oh, my fucking God... You got shot..." She says with a look of concern crossing her face. Whatever adrenaline he had from earlier in the night must've finally faded, and he must've been in shock now, because he looked completely out of it and very exhausted to the point he could pass out, his pupils are dilated, and his skin is cold to the touch. The Mountebank girl gently places her hands on his shoulders to steady him in case he really were to pass out from fatigue and dizziness. "Do you feel okay? Do you need to sit down?" she asks him.