𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the lodge

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter eight: the lodge

August 22, 2021Hackett's QuarryUpstate New York, New York

August 22, 2021
Hackett's Quarry
Upstate New York, New York

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT." Jacob comments as they walk back up the stairs. Cassidy rolls his eyes, giving him a look.

"Seriously? I'm an idiot?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Nope," Cassidy takes a left and walks past some of the windows as he walks along the porch, looking out at the scenery as the Custos boy makes a comment about Bob Ross.

They take a right and the path ahead of them was blocked by knocked over patio furniture. Jacob turns to the window, a smirk on his face as he reaches for it. He peers inside before pulling it up, getting it open.

"After you," the Custos boy offers, gesturing towards the window.

"Idiots first, you mean?" Cassidy teases, shoving the boy towards the open window.

"Hey!" Jacob cries out as he falls backwards into the Lodge. He rolls to the side and stands up, brushing himself off. "Not cool, man!"

"I'm not the idiot here," Cassidy replies, grinning as he climbs in. Once inside the room, he turns around and pulls the window down, closing it.

Jacob sidesteps, allowing Cassidy some space to lead the way out of the little library. As they pass one of the bookshelves, Cassidy snatches a book off of it and tosses it to Jacob.

Jacob catches it and grimaces as he gets a quick look at the cover before setting it back on the shelf. "You know I hate horror," he says.

"Exactly," Cassidy replies, exiting the library.

From here, the two of them enter the main area of the Lodge and head over to Nick, who's seated on the stairs on the other side. Dylan was nowhere to be found, most likely hiding to get away from Cassidy and Jacob.

"Okay, really dude?" Jacob asks, annoyance in his voice as he gestures toward the doors behind him. "Locking us out?"

"Okay in my defense..." Nick says, looking between the two. "A, it was Dylan's idea... and two, it was really funny."

"No, it was the stupidest thing you and Dylan could ever do," Cassidy says flatly, giving him a look.

Nick just gives him a tight-lipped smile in response.