𝐱. there are no bears

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter ten: there are no bears

August 22, 2021Hackett's QuarryUpstate New York, New York

August 22, 2021
Hackett's Quarry
Upstate New York, New York

CASSIDY SHAKES HIS HEAD, SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT AS HE TURNS AROUND AND HEADS BACK THE OTHER WAY. He was going to go look for Sawyer, Emma, and Abi. The three of them weren't back yet and he wondered if his girlfriend went off to go help the other two girls with whatever they were doing.

He soon nears the cabins and walks along the path leading to them. As he follows the path, he passes by the red golf cart, eyeing it with a look of disgust. He's crashed that thing so many times in the past few years—but he swears it wasn't his fault! The most recent time it happened, though, was like two years ago and the day right before camp started that year. He was test driving it to make sure it worked, or else he was supposed to get Caleb to fix it. Cassidy crashed it into a ditch in the woods just outside of camp after it malfunctioned. He knows how to drive a golf cart! He swears it was Gabriel who had sabotaged it that one time, which was during when he had to bring him his phone because he left it at the house. And because Gabriel absolutely hates his guts.

That wasn't a fun time.

He crosses the short wooden bridge and enters the cabin area.

Abigail Blyg was seated on the steps to her cabin, her sketchbook resting in her lap as she draws in it with her pencil.

"Hey, Abi," Cassidy greets as he walks over to her. He sits beside her, trying to sneak a peek at her sketchbook. "Whatcha drawing?"

"No one!" She says quickly, pressing the sketchbook against her chest to hide it from him. "I- I mean nothing..."

"Hey, there, party bear. Hey, Cass," Emma says, a smile on her face as she walks over to them.

"Status report?" Abi questions her, looking up at her.

"We are officially empty nesters," Emma answers, raising her hand. "High five! Up top!"

Abi raises her hand and high fives her. "...Oh, boy," she says afterward, noticing the look on Emma's face. "You're about to get your phone back, aren't you?"

"Let's go collect our bags and away from this mosquito-infested backwoods dump," Emma says, nodding as she heads up the steps.

"Quick question before you do anything: Have either of you seen Sawyer?" Cassidy asks, getting up from the steps. "She's, like, the only reason I'm over here."