𝐱𝐢𝐱. the plan

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter nineteen: the plan

August 23, 2021Hackett's QuarryUpstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Hackett's Quarry
Upstate New York, New York

IT WAS RAINING. Cassidy could see the raindrops falling from the sky behind Laura as he stares at her. The blonde has a few scars on her face as well as an eyepatch covering her left eye.

"So, uh..." Dylan starts, "why didn't you come?"

"Where have you been for the past two months?" Ryan asks, the gun still pointed at Laura.

"We did come. One night early," Laura answers. "That was our mistake..." She steps over the threshold and closes the door behind her.

As soon as she enters the pool house, Cassidy lunges forward and quickly disarms Laura, the gun falling from her hands and clattering loudly on the wooden floor. An alarmed look was in her eyes as he seizes her by the throat and slams her body against the door, a threatening look in his own eyes.

"You- You killed her! You fuckin' killed her!" he yells, tightening his grip. "I'm gonna fuckin' kill you! I'm gonna rip you to shreds and I'm gonna—"

"Cass, that's enough!" Sawyer's voice is stern as she walks over to him to intervene, grabbing his hands and trying to pry his fingers from off of Laura's throat. But Cassidy wouldn't let go.

Ryan comes over and grabs Cassidy by the collar of his shirt, pulling him away from Laura. He squirms in his grip, trying to get away from him.

"Cass, stop. Trying to kill her won't solve anything."

"She killed Kaylee," Cassidy hisses, now trying to kick Ryan. "Let go of me!"

Ryan loosens his grip of Cassidy, but the Hackett boy doesn't try to go after Laura again, just simply glaring at the Graves girl and the Erzahler boy instead. Sawyer shakes her head at him before gesturing to Laura. "Let's hear her out first, then you can do whatever the fuck you want, all right?" She tells him as she grabs the shotgun from off of the floor and hands it back to Laura.

Cassidy doesn't respond as he crosses his arms.

Laura moves away from the wall, a hand rubbing her throat as her other hand holds the gun firmly. She heads over to the corner where the other teens had been just moments before. Abi had not moved from where she was after Nick had left, but she kept her gaze focused on Laura the entire time.

Laura sits down and the others sit near her. She starts recounting the events, telling them first about how she and Max almost hit something on the road; how they crashed the car; got pulled over by the sheriff; the sheriff told them to head to the Harbinger Motel—