𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. silas the dog boy

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-seven: silas the dog boy

August 23, 2021Route 919Upstate New York, New York

August 23, 2021
Route 919
Upstate New York, New York

CASSIDY IS TRACING HIS FINGERS ALONG THE LEATHER STRAP FOR THE SHOTGUN, HESITANT TO REACH INTO HIS POCKETS FOR THE EYE DROPPER, THE VIAL, AND THE SYRINGE. The adrenaline from his panic and anger had died down a bit and he was staring down at two dead bodies. One which he had killed. The other a victim to the one he killed.

The other a victim to the one he killed.

Mary was dead. Her neck had been snapped and her throat had been ripped out. Blood had long since pooled around the corpse.

Fenris was in a similar—but not really—predicament. Dead. Bullet to the chest, blood pouring out, coating the ground beneath.

Cassidy shouldn't just be sitting there doing nothing as he stares at the corpses. Time was still ticking. It was probably already a bit past five in the morning. There were only less than two hours until dawn.

He needed to collect some of Fenris' blood. The final thing needed for the cure.

Reaching toward his pockets, he takes out the eye dropper and the vial. Not taking his eyes off of Fenris' corpse, he bends down and uses the eye dropper to suck up some of the blood, before popping the cork off of the vial, and squeezing the blood into it. Putting the eye dropper back into his pocket, he puts the cork back onto the vial and shakes it until the blood mixed with the rest of the vial's contents. The liquid inside went from a purplish-grey color to a dark magenta.

Ryan and Travis are watching him the entire time.

Cassidy takes the syringe out of his pocket next and removes the plunge from it. Taking the cork back off of the vial, he pours the liquid in. He taps it against the edge of the opening, making sure all of it came out, before putting the plunge back in and placing the cap over the needle so the liquid wouldn't leak. Then, he puts the cork back on the vial and sets both items back in his pockets.

As he stands back up, he notices a tarot card in the grass a few feet away, covered in blood. He picks it up and examines it. Judgement. He turns the card over in his hand.

TAROT CARD FOUND
17 OF ??
JUDGEMENT

Red eyes stare back at him suspiciously, almost as if the white wolf was silently judging him. But neither he nor the werewolf moved. The wolf was afraid of him, and he didn't want to scare it in case it would attack if the wrong move was made.