Chapter 15- Reach for a new past.

A/N Ok. This chapter was annoying to deal with because I wanted it to be the start of an arc, but I could never write it in a way that I was happy with. I'll explain more at the end. Please enjoy this since this took way too long to write.

It was a beautiful day in Blood Gulch. The sun that never set shined. The wind lightly howled as it traveled. The few clumps of grass in the canyon shone eerily green as the branches of a slightly dead tree near the cliffs rustled in the wind.

For Blood Gulch, it was a beautiful day.

More so for both teams.

Sarge and Caboose were called away for an important secret meeting, with Sarge dragging Fritz along because he wanted to outnumber the blues going to Reach.

So with both sides having the members that make life 'interesting' in the canyon gone, it became pretty quiet. So they decided to enjoy it before they came back.

"Ah, this is THE life," Tucker said to himself as he relaxed in a lounge chair on top of Blue Base.

Tucker took another sip out of a martini glass filled with Mountain dew Baja blast.

"Tucker what the hell?" Church asked. Church was reading a book when he felt the need to check that Tucker was actually on lookout duty, to find him slacking off.

"Dude c'mon, it's not like the Red's are gonna attack without their Sargent. Might as well kick back and relax." Tucker said, not even looking in Church's direction.

"I meant more on where you got all of this. None of this was in storage." Church explained.

He wanted his own lounge chair damnit.

"I found it near where Caboose originally landed. Apparently he was supposed to bring it here through the cave system." Tucker told him as he took another sip.

"Seriously!? Why didn't he bring it all down?!" Church exclaimed.

"Dude, that cave is fucking confusing! I just got back with some of the stuff that I wanted for myself. I ain't dragging all that shit back." Tucker replied. "The rookie probably forgot about it considering how hectic that day was."

"You've got to be kidding me," Church said with exasperation.

"You got that robot body, why don't you use it to chart down the cave so we can bring the stuff back?" Tucker asked.

"I just barely got this body speaking English, I'm not going to risk breaking it to get a beach chair," Church replied. "The only one who could probably fix it would be Caboose, but..."

"Yeah, yeah, something got into his head that isn't venom and now it's messing with his mind. Whatever man. He'll be fine, he's smart enough to resist mind control." Tucker said dismissively. "Even if he has trouble, Venom is there to help out. I'll start worrying once Caboose starts making death threats."

"Ugh." Church groans, "Dude, I really don't want to risk a skynet takeover because you were too lazy to care."

"Look, Caboose isn't even here. We also know Sarge gave orders to them not to attack while he's gone thanks to the body you snatched. So why don't we just sit back and relax for once." Tucker argues.

Church sigh's in response. Church relents, "Okay, fine. After we bring the flag up top." While Tucker had made some good points, he didn't want a repeat of the first day again.

"See, that's the spirit!" Tucker exclaims, glad to see Church trying to relax for once. "So let's sit back, relax and enjoy the-"

Tucker was then interrupted by a green portal opening up 7 feet in the air in front of him. It spat out the blue idiot, with the symbiote falling quickly after. The portal disappeared as quickly as it appeared.