Chapter 10

The next day they avoided the conversation. Albert was back to his preppy self. Smiling and joking like nothing had ever happened. She would be a liar if she said it didn't drive her absolutely crazy.

Abigail peaked into the living room, she watched in silence for a moment. Albert was just sitting there staring into the fireplace. She tiptoed in, and draped her hand around the back of his chair, running her hand along his shoulder.

"Albert," she whispered. Abby took a seat in his lap.

He wrapped his strong hands around her hips, and the low of her back. She leaned in to kiss him slowly and passionately. Letting her lips linger there on his. Albert moans softly, his grip on her tightened.

"Miss Abby," he said as he pulled back from her lips, "what did I do to deserve this," he smirked.

Abigail blushed. Her thin fingers made their way through his hair brushing it from his face. She looked into his greenish blue eyes.

"I wanted to apologize for last night," she said as apprehensively as possible, "I never meant to upset y-"

Albert pulled her into him and kissed her again. He was roughier, but just as passionate as before. When she pulled her lips away from his, she couldn't help the color rushing to her cheeks. She was rendered speechless.

Albert shook his head slowly as he looked deep down into her eyes, "Please don't apologize. It just drives me nuts that you don't trust me. Can you promise me that you trust me?."

Abby swallowed hard. How could she say it if she didn't really mean it? Then she felt the anxiety swell in her chest once again. Abby rested her fore head on his shoulder. As she pinched the bridge of her nose in an attempt to relieve the tension in her brain.

Albert softly rubbed his hand in a circular motion around the small of her back.

"You don't know how badly I want to trust you," she said softly, "I'm trying so hard. My entire life I was told to steer clear of strangers. In my head I know I should turn and run in the opposite direction of you."

Albert lifted her chip with his finger. He looked into her eyes again. He looked so deeply in her eyes there wasn't even a place for her thoughts to hide, "Never mind what you think you should do. Tell me what you want to do."

Abigail raised her brows. She felt her lips trembling as she began to speak, "I want stay here with you."

"Then stay," he whispered, "I would never do anything to hurt you."

"If my parents knew I was here," Abigail scoffed and covered her face with her hands.

Albert wrapped his hand around her wrist and yanked her arm down from her face, "Look at me," The left corner of his lips curled into a half smile, "How about I meet your parents when they come home? How does that sound?"

Abigail looked up at him. She returned the smile. He made all her worries, or her stresses melt away, "you always have a solution up your sleeve," she laughed softly.

"Comes with age I suppose," he smirked.

Abby smiled and threw her arms around his neck, " I'm really trying to let my guard down. Please be patient with me," she smiled, and pecked his cheek.

Albert have a reassuring smiled, "Your father is a nice man. He's always in the shop."

Abby shrugged, "I think he just like to escape my mother. She's unbearable sometimes."

Abby sighed. Albert kissed her forehead, " and you don't want to end up like her." He said as a matter of fact.

"How did you know that," she raised her brow.