Chapter 27

Two Weeks Later
7:00 pm

Albert cracked open his second beer of the night. Abigail glanced to her right when she heard the fizzing sound that escaped the bottle when he popped off the cap. She watched as he let the cap slip out his hand onto the kitchen table. It flipped and spun weightlessly in the air before clinking to the surface. The cold beverage sizzled as the white foam bubbled  up. Albert quickly placed it to his lips to ensure he didn't miss a single drop.

Albert sat in his usual chair which faced the kitchen his legs parted as he rested one hand on his thigh, and the other on the bottle. Abigail could feel him watching her as she washed the dishes. Nothing made her skin crawl more than his cold haunting gaze.

Albert was not suppose to drink as per his doctors orders. More than that bad things happened when Albert drank. They rarely fought; Partly because Abigail was too polite to ever disagree with him. The only times she protested was when it came to his drinking habits.

Albert had a tendency to lie. He swore he would stop drinking which didn't look promising. So perhaps  Abigail was a fool to believe him when he also said; He would never let anything bad happen to her. Albert was the bad thing that happen to her.

Abigail turned on the hot water rinsing the blood from their steak, and the suds down the drain. Albert came up behind her, she watch him placed the beer down at the side of the sink. Abigail's entire body tensed up before he even put a hand on her.

"What's wrong," he asked knowing good, and well why she was distant. He manhandled her shoulders with his large hands. Abigail's shoulders got stiff. Albert lightened his grip.

"Nothing."

The problem with Albert was that he offered her his affection as a truce to their silent war over his bad drinking habits. He showered her with love, and affection all just to distract her from the truth. Though it was less like showering her with love and more like suffocating her with it.

"You need to loosen up," he whispered into her ear. Albert massaged his hands into her shoulders, "How about a drink?"

She turned her head to raise her brow at him disapprovingly.

"Oh come on," he bellowed, "One glass won't kill you."

"You know I'm a light weight. One glass will get me dizzy."

Albert placed his hands on her waist, and before she knew it his hands were roaming the landscape of her body. Albert moaned softly, "You know I love that about you."

He began to cup her breast from under her shirt. He peeled back the cups and felt for her nipples. He fondled them softly, teasing them barley grazing them. Making her work for his touch. He could feel the sexual tension boiling in her. He gentle he brushed against them again..

"Albert, not right here," she whispered, and looked over at the side door. Only the screen door was shut. The neighbor in the yard next door could have a full view he wanted to.

Albert cupped his hands over her breast against let her nipples rub against his palm. "Don't you worry about that," Albert chuckled, "How about that drink?"

"I'm not much of a drinker you know that, Al," she sighed.

"Oh is that case?" Albert moaned slowly, into her ear. He waited till she was getting comfortable. Then he pinched her nipples hard, and quick.

"Albert," she exclaimed. In a fit of shock she jabbed her elbow backwards into his gut.

"Fuck,"Albert muttered, as he grabbed his gut. He pulled himself away from her body as if he was disgusted to even have touched her in the first place. Albert grabbed his bottle of beer, and walked away from her.