Chapter 25

**************************************Two weeks Later :

"You know you always say aren't coming back, but here you are," Albert looked at her, and gave a cheeky smile. Abigail was fluffing the feather pillow behind his head.

Abigail rolled her brown eyes, and pouted her lips, "Albert, if you don't wipe that smirk off your face..."

Albert laughed loudly, and raised his brow at her, "You'll what?"

Abigail tried to stop herself, but even she chuckled herself, "I'm gonna smother you with this pillow."

Albert grinned. Abigail slowly removed her hands from his pillow. Their eyes met. They stared at one another the way children stare at strangers. Politeness was so far from their minds. It felt like eternity, but they didn't break their gaze. Because this was a duration of time that could go on forever and still never be enough.

Finally it was too much for her. Against her own will she looked away. Too many memories were hidden in his eyes, and she couldn't relive them any more.

"Hey, Abby," Albert cleared his throat, "Seriously, I'm glad you are here," Albert said.

"Yeah," she nodded. Abigail pulled on a thin brown cardigan she previously had hung on the coat rack. She covered up her chest, and held her arms tightly over herself .

"I know there are plenty of  better places you could be- That you'd rather be," Albert spoke again.

Albert had been moved to a new hospital room by now; It was more private, and it was bigger too, and had a clean bathroom attached to it, Even the guest chair was nicer. Abigail sat down in the chair beside his hospital bed.

"Al, I don't mind spending my free time here. You don't have to keep thanking me every-time I come."

Abigail crossed her legs, and folded her hands in her lap, "Besides you promised me something in return didn't you?"

Albert smiled solemnly. He didn't like being reminded of the real reason she was here. Despite the fact he had ulterior motives of his own. Deep down Albert hoped that she would visit because she missed him as much as he did her, but that wasn't the case.

"I suppose I did, didn't I?" He cleared his throat, and closed his eyes, "Whose story are we rehashing today?"

"You want me to pick," she raised her brows, and widened her eyes. She resembled a child in a candy store. Though she wasn't picking out her candy of choice.

"Give me a name, and I'll tell you whatever you want to hear."

He promised her there would be nothing, but honesty moving forward. He claimed that there were no strings attached. Abigail would be naive to believe that.

"Okay, then," Abigail nodded. She pondered for a minute. Then she smiled slightly, "Why don't we start at the beginning? Billy Showalter..."

Albert furrowed his brows, and pressed his lips together so tightly they turned white, "I can't say that name rings a bell."

Abigail widened her eyes. She cocked one brow up at him, "Albert! He was our paper boy for two years."

Albert scoffed at her innocence. "Abby, this town has see plenty of Paper boys before... Billy Showalter I can assure you that," the sarcasm in his voice was cutting.

"Okay, okay, I guess I see your point," Abigail bit down on her bottom lip toying it with her teeth. "Mmh I'm trying to think what would ring a bell."

"Well," Albert said softly, "Why don't you tell me why you remember him so well. Maybe something will click for me."