Chapter 28

Three weeks had passed, and the Chunin exams were extremely close. In the last three weeks, Naruto and Konohamaru had worked like crazy doing over 80 D-rank missions, four C-rank missions, and one B-rank mission to get over with Konohamaru's first kill.

While the mission itself was executed rather well, Konohamaru was very disturbed and thus they both had taken a few days break, that is, after Naruto ensured that Konohamaru didn't have any lingering doubt about his actions.

And right now, they were both in front of each other, ready for a spar.

"Well, let's see how your training has been," Naruto said as Konohamaru looked at him, determined.

"So, to make the battle fair, I'll just be using a Clone, a Wood Clone to be precise. As for you, you have to show me your prowess in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu, though you suck in the last one, just like me. But, nothing else. No weapons, not even Kunai and Shuriken, unless you know, you can think of a way to make them mid-battle," Naruto said adding the last part with a smirk.

While not as sharp as the real deal, Naruto and Sasuke had used their shadow clones as weapons in various battles, though for reasons different than this.

Naruto had used it as an ambush many times, where his Shadow Clones would just attack the person. As for Sasuke, he majorly used the weapons for distraction, so he found it rather expensive to constantly throw just weapons.

Here, Naruto wanted Konohamaru to learn to make the best out of his situation.

And with that, the match started.

As Naruto's clone neared the distance, Konohamaru quickly created distance using Shunshin, something he learned in the past few days.

However, the Naruto clone was extremely quick as he appeared in front of Konohamaru in an instant.

Konohamaru quickly threw a punch which Naruto caught. The next moment, the 'Konohamaru went up in a poof of smoke, surprising Naruto.

'That was basic... but I didn't notice him doing that. Considering I am not paying as much attention as I would during an actual battle, this wouldn't fool me, but still, it's pretty good for a genin. But...'

The next moment Konohamaru burst out of the ground trying to nail Naruto in the face, but the clone just jumped backward and kicked Konohamaru in the stomach.

'... I want him to show skills far above the normal Chunin level.'

As Naruto thought that, Konohamaru quickly jumped up and brought his legs down in an ax kick, which Naruto's clone blocked using his hand.

What he didn't expect was for Konohamaru to go through a fast series of handsigns and blow out smoke covering the clone.

'That's gonna be tricky to dodge.'

The cloud then exploded, as Konohamaru smiled in victory. However, the smile quickly turned into a look of horror as a relatively unharmed clone came out of the smoke cloud.

Konohamaru quickly made a few clones which engaged Naruto while he himself stood back and observed.

'A weapon... wait! Transformation jutsu coupled with Shadow clones, and that'd be the perfect ambush... or...'

With that, Konohamaru quickly made a few more clones as Naruto pouted.

'So that's how it feels when a bunch of clones swarms you. Well, I can just use Sharingan.'

With the clone Naruto, he was one after another dispatching the clones of Konohamaru when he heard a Rasengan being charged toward him.

The original Naruto's eyes widened at the ingenious plan as the Clone, who was using neither using the Sharingan nor fighting at its full potential completely missed it when he went in to defend against Konohamaru's Rasengan.