sanity

You get shoved into the back of a black Mercedes, the windows tinted the darkest shade of black they could be.

Looking in front of you, you realise it must be night anyway.

Is that really how long you were passed out for?

" Where am I going? " You ask in a worried tone as Hanma starts driving down the alleyway, sighing annoyed once he hears you.

" I can tape your mouth if you want, just say
that " He bluntly replies and you bite your tongue, still struggling to break free from the ropes but eventually giving up with a groan.

" You gon' kill me? " You blurt out making Hanma chuckle as he continues driving.

" If my intention was to kill you, don't you think I would have done it by now? "

" You coulda just said no "

" You're not in the position to speak to me like that"

You roll your eyes, trying to stand up in the seats but with no success.

" This about money? "

Hanma raises his voice," Of course, it's about fuckin money, now be quiet "

" I can hear you, you know? - you don't have to shout "

Hanma breaks the car abruptly, sending your body on the floor of the back seat and you groan in pain.

" You're pushing your luck"

" Fuck you " You curse out in pain making Hanma chuckle, taking a right turn into a tunnel.

" We're almost there, don't worry "

" How did you know - about Wakasa, I mean, " You ask, hearing the flick of a lighter.

You struggle hard enough to sit yourself back in the back seat, looking forward at Hanma.

He looks back at you in the rearview mirror, a cigarette hanging from his fingers out the window as he blows smoke out, most of it making its way into the back seat making you cough.

" I've been following you for a few days now actually"  He casually says and you let out an " eh ? ".

" You leave the house around 10, go shopping or grab food - back by 2 pm, always wearing a skirt or a dress for some reason, usually black - "

You let out a chuckle, shaking your head. You knew he seemed familiar to you for a reason.

" Ok ok, I get it "

Hanma sighs dramatically, pulling into a dark and empty parking lot, the street lights flickering on and off.

" Hanma? "

He hums a yes, turning off the headlights and taking the keys out of the ignition before looking back at you.

" Koko - can I speak to him? " You plead and to your surprise, you watch him shrug and pull out his phone to get ready to dial Koko's number with a grin.

" Don't make me regret it - be good mm? "

You nod, watching him press Koko's contact and the dial starts buzzing through the car until you hear Koko answer on the other side.

" Koko? "

He calls out your name over the phone with a concerned sigh, sounding exhausted.

" Are you hurt? I talked to Kisaki- "

" Koko, listen to me "

" I'm listening "

You look up at Hanma frowning before shaking your head, trying to let words quickly flow out of your mouth.