only yours

The rest of the day you spend in your room, mindlessly scrolling until you end up falling asleep, expecting to be woken up whenever Koko shows up in the morning.

However yet again, when you wake up and roll over in bed just to feel the cold air hitting your body.

Letting out a deep sigh, you check your phone and see a few messages and missed calls, all from Koko.

Ur probably asleep, I'm stuck here for another day, ran into some prblms.
8:30 AM

Promise ill be home tomorrow morning.
I miss u.
8:32 AM

I love you.
8:35 AM

9 AM - 2 Missed Calls : Haji <3

You let out a yawn staring at the text messages before deciding to call Koko.

No reply.

' He must be busy ' - You tell yourself, although genuinely just worried about what " problems " can mean in this line of work.

It stresses you out, you couldn't possibly let it show through. Not to him or to anyone else in this house.

So you slide on your slippers and robe and head downstairs into the kitchen, deciding to make yourself some coffee.

As you're about to push open the already cracked kitchen door, it seems strange to you to hear Senju laughing, not like she usually does - a genuine giggle.

It made you smile to yourself curiously and you peek your head in only for her to laugh harder, and you're starting to understand what that was about.

As much as you tried to keep a straight face, the heart-shaped lipstick stain on the cheek and the awfully done eyeliner on Sanzu's grumpy face as he cleaned up a mess of cereal off the counter couldn't have been further than what you'd imagine seeing first thing when you wake up.

" You did his makeup? " You try to mouth toward Senju without laughing but ultimately fail - thankfully he didn't seem to hear you.

Sanzu places the bowl of cereal and a spoon in front of Senju before scratching his eye, to which your best friend slapped him on the wrist.

" Eh ! You'll mess it up! "

You stare at the scene dumbfounded still by the door, Sanzu just quietly - but hesitating nonetheless, nodding.

" What fucking else do you want from me? "

The poor man sounds exhausted and you've never been more curious in your life, so you step in and close the door behind you.

" What's this about? " You let out half-laughing and Sanzu snaps his head towards your direction with a small, not usual of him at all, girly squeal.

You and Senju both lose it and you could barely hear his muffled protest over your loud laughter as you take a seat at the table.

" He lost a bet " Senju giggles making Sanzu roll his eyes, tilting his head back with a sigh.

" Why'd I let you bring her here, again? " Sanzu breathes out and you smile hearing the kick send to him from Senju under the table before she glanced up innocently.

Ah, they made up. Thank God.

" So what was this bet about? " You look at Senju with a genuinely curious expression.

" So - " Senju starts before getting interrupted by her brother loudly yelling out.

" Nothing! It was nothing - fuck, acknowledge my suffering! I'm stuck with this shit on my face the whole day! " Sanzu dramatically says, looking dead at you and you squint your eyes, and tilt your head mockingly with an " aww".