rare

" Do we really need to move? " You hold the coffee mug in one hand, the other intertwined with Koko's as the both of you lay in bed.

" Mhm, it won't be as bad as you think " He lets go of your hand to lean over the bedside table, going to search the pockets of his jacket.

You raise an eyebrow as you watch him pull out a half-empty pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

" Since when do you smoke? " You take a sip and place the mug on the nightstand.

Your lips turn to a soft smile while you turn to the side to admire Koko's figure shining in the sunlight as he flicks the zippo lighter open, bringing the small flame to the cigarette between his lips.

" Since you started stressing me out " He chuckles as he exhales and you shake your head with a giggle before kicking him under the covers.

" Liar, I don't stress you out "

He simply smiles, gazing down at you as you place your head on his arm and nuzzle into his chest, the smoke slowly drifting away, filling the room.

It was such a familiar smell, it made you pinch your eyebrows together as you let out a small mumble.

" Smells like... Shin " You speak your thoughts out loud unintentionally making Koko pull away with a raised eyebrow.

" You knew Shinichiro? "

You lift your head curiously, staring up into Koko's eyes.

" Weird, huh?" You ask and he nods his head no slowly,

" Mm, since you knew Wakasa I figured, still - I'm not sure I even wanna know " He gives you a half smile and you let out a giggle.

" There's a lot of stuff you don't know about me yet - bad or good, n that goes for me too " You let your head fall back on his chest again, taking in the intoxicating smell of his cologne still faintly lingering on his skin.

" Mm, I suppose that's true " He goes silent and you smile as he puts out the cigarette, wrapping his arms around you in bed.

A comfortable silence is kept for a while, the feeling of his skin on yours warming you up in the otherwise cold and empty room.

" Koko...what if we run away? " You finally break the silence with a mumble and he mumbles back an amused 'what?' making you repeat yourself louder.

" Let's run away... somewhere hot like ... Spain or I don't know - " You feel his arms wrap around you tighter, lifting you up slightly so you lay on top of him.

" Hmm, it's not that easy my love "

Your stomach flutters - he never called you that before. It's weird now... since the two of you woke up, neither spoke a word about last night.

It seems like finally he stopped fighting whatever he was fighting before and let himself open up to the idea of a relationship - all it took was for both of you to nearly get killed in the process.

The thought of what happened with Wakasa and if Senju would be okay is still stuck in the back of your head. It made you feel nauseous but you wouldn't allow yourself to fully feel those emotions.

Too much happened in such a short time and nothing seems to register right lately.

You didn't wanna bring that up either, deciding to just sort of... let it be and enjoy this moment, after all, it feels like a rare sight to see Koko like this.

" Maybe you're just making it complicated " You raise an eyebrow before lowering your lips to his, uniting them in a quick peck.

" D'you speak Spanish? How would I make enough money for both of us? How would I even get away from Bonten? " He starts and you roll your eyes with a small smile seeing how tense his expression looked, always thinking 5 steps ahead.