deja-vu

It's a strange feeling to wake up to an empty, cold bed.

Even more so since you've gotten so used to waking up to Koko quietly sipping his coffee next to you, waiting for you to wake up.

But this morning, when you rolled over with a tired groan, you found that he wasn't there. He usually never leaves without at least letting you know.

Immediately, you sit up and rub the sleep out of your eyes before turning your head to the bedside table to see a handwritten note folded nicely over what seemed to be a black box.

When you picked up the note, it read :

- Good morning, love

I wish I could bring you with me but Mikey won't let me, says you need an ' introduction'.

I'll be in Osaka to sort some things out with Inupi, coming home tomorrow morning.

I'll bring you back somethin' nice - if you leave the house at any point, take it with you - if anything bad happens, call me.

H.K -

You scratch your head confused, what's 'it'?

Take what?

You set the note down and open the latch on the box, carefully removing any paper and...

His pistol?

No, this one was different - instead of the gold accents, they were silver but very similar to his own, engraved next to your initials was ' 205 ' with a heart.

How cute. No, genuinely. But you still didn't have a clue as to how to carry this, is it loaded?

Holy shit, it's loaded.

He said you'll need it only if you're going out, you figure you should just get out of bed and find Senju. You didn't even have time to see where she'll be sleeping last night... you got distracted.

Carefully, you clip the latch back on and set the box aside before slipping on your sliders and a silk robe and making your way into the hallway with a big yawn.

To your surprise, you happened to meet your least favourite person while making your way into the corridor.

" How was your first night? Planning on running off anytime soon?   " Sanzu chuckles and you're too tired to deal with him.

" Don't speak to me, where's your sister? " You roll your eyes, leaning over the handrail of the stars.

" The room next to yours "

" That's your room "

" Other side "

You raise an eyebrow, hands reaching to fix your robe to make sure nothing slips although it was pretty hard with the material and the length.

Most of your clothes are still at the old apartment, Koko said the two of you would go get them today but clearly, that wasn't happening.

" Sorry 'bout last night - screaming at you, I
mean " It came out more sarcastic than you intended and you tried to backtrack, your face growing hotter.

You watch Sanzu move his gaze toward the floor for the first time, almost as to not stare at you.

How sweet and respectful of him.

" Koko left me to deal with you today, so get dressed -  we're going somewhere later " He hums, his head still tilted down and you neared him unintentionally, your head tilting.

" Sanzu? " You call out softly and his gaze lifts, finally looking up to meet yours.

" Hm? " His lips twist, blue eyes glossing over your features curiously.