clarity

" What the fuck was that? " Koko tries to stay calm as he drives, his expression making you laugh although he doesn't look even slightly amused.

" I...don't know " You admit, covering your mouth before letting out another nervous laugh.

" Well, you told me to trust you so you better have a plan "

You stop for a second, zoning out while looking out the window.

" Of course, I have a plan! " Not.

Not even in the slightest, no clue whatsoever.

Now that you're thinking about it, it might not have been the smartest move but you get no time to think further before spotting Senju waiting in the parking lot, looking down at her phone.

" Koko! " You point out and he lets out a small huh before turning the car around, skirting it on the side and abruptly breaking, making your body jolt forward.

The sound of tires squeaking caught Senju's attention. After rolling down the black tinted windows, you signal her to come closer and she nears you with a confused expression.

" What are you doing here? Wakasa is-"

You cut her off, gesticulating frantically.

" Just get in "

" But Waka is picking- "

" Wakasa is a fucking psycho, just get in "

~•◦ ◦•~

" What's gotten into you? " Senju sips on her iced coffee, sitting in the middle of the back seat.

You look over to Koko nervously, not knowing exactly how to approach this.

How are you meant to even explain anything?

" He tried to get both of us killed, me and you " Koko blurts out and Senju lets out a confused
" what !?", which in turn makes you hit Koko in the arm.

" Not like that, dumbass! " You exhale and Koko puts his hands up innocently after letting out an exaggerated ow.

" I just remembered uh... we don't have any... ramen at home! Just, I'll - leave you two " He awkwardly rambles before opening and shutting the door, pacing towards the grocery store without looking back.

You facepalm with a laugh, it's probably for the better anyway - Senju wouldn't be able to handle things the way Koko would blurt out.

He's too blunt sometimes. Most times.

Senju calls out your name softly and you turn your head back as she leans further to the front of the middle seat.

" What did Koko mean by that? " She bats her eyelashes and you hate yourself for having to be the one that tells her.

" Wakasa poisoned you, that's why you were in the hospital - of course, he wouldn't admit it though"

Senju lets out a loud laugh that drags on and you keep a straight face, gulping when she slowly realises it wasn't a joke.

" What - what are you - why would he do that for? You're not making any sense " She raises her voice and rightly so, you were the same when you first found out.

" It's quite a lot to explain, and I will - but, I need you to trust me on this - I've already arranged for you to move in so-"

" Move in where? I'm not...doing that" She calls out your name again when you don't answer, tears pricking her eyes and you feel terrible.