|| wheeler home. Sunday, September 13th 1986. 9:32pm ||

Mikes pov.
Mike was writing another one of his dumb stories before bed, he felt like he was being watched and looked out the window, across the small side yard where the neighbors window faced right towards his, and in the window was a boy, he was skinny and had brown hair in a bowl cut. Mike smiled at him awkwardly, his eyes widened and he hurried away from the window.

This must be the boy Nancy was talking about, she said the neighbors had a son his age that he could probably be friends with.

***

In the morning Mike woke to Nancy yelling at him "HURRY UP, YOU'VE GOT 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOU'RE LATE FOR THE BUS!" He jumped up at this and got dressed quickly, he ran downstairs and grabbed a piece of toast, "bye!" He yelled as he ran out the door. He was very excited about his first year of high school, this was gonna be him and his friends new start, a chance to have a school life where they weren't "the weirdos."

He climbed onto the bus right before the doors closed and spotted Lucas, Dustin, Max, and El sitting second row. He also saw his brown haired neighbor quickly looking out the window, Mike could tell he was embarrassed from last night.

"Hey guys!" He exclaimed sitting down next to Dustin, they greeted him as the bus began to move.

"We've got new neighbors" Mike commented "oh? Have you met them?" Dustin asked "no, I know the moms name is Joyce though. They also have a son our age, I saw him last night, his windows directly across from mine. He's a few rows behind us" Mike said "ohh okay" Max nodded. Lucas began to stand up and look behind for a view of the boy but Mike grabbed his shoulder and forced him back down, "sit down" Mike shook his head.

When they arrived at school and got off the bus Mike stalled them by pretending to tie his shoe so that the others could see his neighbor. "That's him" Mike whispered nodding to the brown haired boy that was getting off the bus, while adjusting his backpack. "He looks nice" El commented, "is he?" Lucas asked "I don't know I've never met him" Mike said exasperated at his friend's density.

                           ———————————-

This was short but I just wanted to write a bit from Mikes pov...
More very soon!