|| wheeler home. Monday, September 14th 1986. 7:27pm ||

Mikes pov.
Mike was sitting at the dinner table in silence, listening to his family talk.

He was too deep in thought to join in the conversation. In thought about Troy, he wondered when he became so bad, he always picked on Mike and his friends but to actually punch someone seemed like more than he expected.
The only other person besides Mike and his friends that he'd ever seen Troy bully, was El. Mostly because she was dating Mike, but also because, like everyone else he picked on, she was a weirdo.

Mike and El dated when they were 12 and kept dating till they turned 13 where halfway through the school year they decided neither of them really wanted to be in a relationship and broke up, they stayed very close friends though.

"Mike, how was your first day of high school?" His mom asked "it was alright, pretty much the same as middle school" he shrugged, "oh! Mr Clarke switched to teaching high school so he could keep teaching me, Dustin , and Lucas. Also I made friends with the boy next door! His name is Will and he's super nice!" Mike added "that's nice dear.." his father commented, Mike looked up and realized none of them had been paying attention to a word he said, he sighed, annoyed that his parents didn't care to hear how he was, he could've probably told them he was gonna jump off the roof and they'd just nod their head and smile. Mike stabbed at his chicken with extra ferocity while Nancy went on a long rant about how perfect and nice Steve (her boyfriend) was.

After dinner Mike went to bed without saying goodnight to his family, he knew he was probably overreacting but this happened all the time, his family would ask him things then talk over him and it really annoyed him. Mike was a
Talker, not really someone who liked to be quiet.

He went to his room and looked out the window hoping to see Will but saw nothing but an empty room. But then the door swung open and Will walked in and immediately shut the door and a second later flinched as if he heard a loud sound, Mike watched him grab earplugs from off the desk and shove them into his ears.
Then he noticed Mike, he smiled and waved before walking out of the window's view.

Mike began to zone out staring at Will's window, when he finally came to it was cause Holly had burst into his room, he only then remembered he'd forgotten to lock his door. "Mama says you need to lose the attitude" she announced, "and Mike says you need to leave" he said ushering her out the door before shutting and locking it.

                          ——————————-

This was short so I'm gonna put out one last part today