Chapter 10

"Be careful," you whispered as Finn wrapped you in a hug. He and Murphy were setting out to get the seaweed, it was unanimous that you remained in camp in case something happened with Jasper.

"Always am," he whispered back, squeezing you tightly one last time. You watched Finn leave the camp, with Bellamy at your side.

"Spacewalker will be fine," he said once they were out of sight.

You nodded before turning around and walking towards the dropship to check on Jasper. "Hey, wait up," Bellamy said, falling into step with you.

You turned around, "I'm fine, Bellamy."

Bell looked suspicious, "something going on with you and Finn?"

You scoffed, "our friends just went out unprotected into the wilderness and that is what you are worried about?"

Bellamy chuckled, "I'm just kidding."

You rolled your eyes, "no you're not. Now go be useful and build the wall."

Bellamy chuckled, throwing you a mock salute, "as you wish, Princess."

You rolled your eyes at him, but smiled as you turned away. Then you quickly climbed the ladder to the upper level of the drop ship to where Jasper lay, Octavia and Monty sitting next to him.

You knelt next to him, bringing your fingers to his wrist to check his pulse. "His heartbeat is still shallow," you whispered, "Monty, is there any luck on contacting the arc?"

Monty shook his head, "the communication system on the dropship is dead, I could repair it, but I don't have any parts here to work with."

There was a rattling on the ladder and Clarke climbed up, "any update?"

You sighed, "I need to speak with you mom, she would know what to do."

Clarke sat cross legged next to you, "you know how to save him too, everything my mom taught you is in your head."

You smiled weakly at her, "I think the seaweed tea will work, we just have to wait for Finn and Murphy to come back."

"How far away is the water?" Octavia asked.

"Hopefully not far," you responded. Your mind drifted to Finn, hoping he was safe in the woods. You prayed that he returned quickly and unscratched, but you knew the Earth was unpredictable and you had no idea the dangers lurking in the shadows.