Chapter 11

"Have you heard anything?" Klaus asked Sloane, earning an annoyed groan from the woman on the other end of the phone.

"No Klaus, I haven't. Trust me, I have all the fuckers out searching."

"Is anyone being difficult?"

"I've gotten lip from pretty much all of these bitchy hybrids. But the threat of you coming down and ripping out all of their bodily organs and leaving them to grow them back usually gets the job done."

"Excellent. You call me if you have any more problems or if you hear anything, no matter how small. I have more of my other people on the lookout."

"So the last order of business is just to bully the Mystic Falls losers into getting what you want?"

"I'm already on it."

"Good luck, Klaus."

"You as well, Sloane," Klaus said before hanging up the phone.

He set his phone down on an empty table in his office and made his way downstairs into his new basement where he found a tied up Stefan Salvatore.

"Hello Stefan."

"Klaus," Stefan spat, straining against the vervain ropes keeping him tied down to a chair.

"Now, I'm going to inform you that this is truly nothing personal. All I need is my soulmate found immediately."

"Soulmate? You have a soulmate? Oh that's hilarious," Stefan said breathlessly, leaning his head back against the back of the chair. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because Stefan, you are going to help me find her."

"Why the hell would I help you? You killed my girlfriend and now that you know she's alive, you're going to make her your blood slave."

"Oh relax Stefan, this arrangement is going to benefit you. I want my soulmate more than I want Elena's blood. As long as the doppelganger is willing to tap a vein, you can continue to be happy playing tug of war with Damon for her love."

Stefan paused and thought over the offer for a moment. It was tempting. Almost too tempting. Stefan thought of what Elena would want since she would unknowingly be involved in the deal before he told Klaus his decision.

"I'll help you Klaus, as long as you give me your word that you'll leave Mystic Falls, and leave Elena and her loved ones alone."

"I will take your deal Stefan, so long as you ensure Elena is willing to donate blood whenever I call."

Stefan stared the hybrid dead in the eye, taking in Klaus's rigid, deadly stance. The ripper knew Klaus had him in a corner and everything he just said had been courtesy, one Klaus wouldn't be willing to extend if Stefan tested him.

He took a breath and mentally prayed that Elena wouldn't be angry with him for taking this deal. Everything Stefan was about to do would be for her. Everything he'd done thus far was for her.

"Deal, Klaus. I'll do whatever I have to do."

"I need you to be my eyes and ears around this town. I want you to find out if Damon has any information regarding the location of my mate or had a hand in helping Katerina kidnap her."

"Okay," Stefan said monotonously, letting Klaus compel him.

"You will secretly report back your findings to me. If anyone asks you, you have no idea that I have a soulmate. I have not told you anything. And you will not tell anyone about our deal until she is found. Do you understand?"

"I understand."

"Good. Now, conduct this with the utmost secrecy and subtlety. When I release you, go home and tell your friends that I have forced you to protect Elena. Make it seem as though you hate me with a burning passion. If they believe you hate me, they will be more inclined to indulge you in any secrets regarding my soulmate's whereabouts."