Chapter 18

"I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!" Clove sang as the pair walked closer to the Mikaelson mansion, swinging her and Klaus's interlocked hands. 

"Hold on love, stand behind me," Klaus whispered lowly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

Clove pulled his arm down to see who he was calling as the phone rang, her eyes lighting up as a stunning smile bloomed on her face. She began bouncing on her tip-toes and shaking Klaus's arm as they watched the phone ring.

Clove removed her hands from Klaus and covered her smiling mouth as Sloane picked up the phone, an exasperated and slightly sad "what do you want?" coming from her end.

"Come outside," Klaus said evenly, "please."

There was a small pause from Sloane's end before she spoke again. "Did you just say please?"

"Sloane, get out here. I have something I want you to see," Klaus said again, his tone not betraying his smile as he watched his soulmate silently freak out from excitement.

"Fine," was all she said before hanging up the phone.

Klaus saw Clove's mouth open like she wanted to say something, but he quickly shushed her by putting a finger to her lips. He shook his head and scooted her behind him,folding his hands behind his back for her to hold on to. 

The hybrid's larger body blocked most of Clove as Sloane stepped out of the house, arms crossed and face impassive as she stared at Klaus. The woman had changed and showered since running out of the house, but Klaus could tell she still hadn't calmed down. 

"What do you want to show me?" Sloane asked as she walked closer to the Original.

"Come on out, sweetheart," Klaus said, stepping away from Clove, who he knew wouldn't be able to contain herself anymore.

Sloane's mouth dropped open in shock as Clove shrieked and sprinted toward her, throwing her arms around her in a hug. Sloane looked at Klaus as her shocked face turned into one of teary happiness before she returned Clove's hug with zeal.

"I missed you so much," Clove mumbled as she squeezed tighter. "I'm so glad you're here."

"I'm so glad you're safe," Sloane said, resting her chin on Clove's shoulder for a split second before pulling back and looking at her best friend with disgust. "You stink Clementine."

"You know what," All traces of Clove's ecstatic smile left her face as she stepped back and  jabbed her finger in Sloane's direction, "fuck you, Sloane. I've been stuck in a stuffy concrete cell for a month after getting brutally kidnapped by a venegful vampire slut."

"I'm aware," Sloane said dryly, trying to hide her smile. "Try not to let it become your entire personality."

Klaus tried his best not to start laughing as he watched his soulmate nearly shake with frustration. Clove was all up in Sloane's face now as she shouted.

"My entire personality? You goddamn hypocrite, you got your driver's license early and that was your entire personality for a whole fucking year until I got mine and I'm miraculously still friends with you!"

"Funny, and despite that you still drive like an over excited kid on a sugar high. I think you might manage to kill your immortal soulmate with your shitty driving skills, but hey, at least you have him to compel you out of speeding tickets instead of relying on those big ass boobs you have."

"You're the one who flashed your boobs to get out of that speeding ticket from the rookie cop six months ago," Clove retorted, waving her hand at Sloane's chest. "That was all you, and I have the texts to prove it!"