Chapter 22

"When can we go home?" Klaus groaned, rolling his eyes as he took another sip of the sparkling pink champagne in his glass. The hybrid was annoyed that his sister was doing most of the shopping, and took to lounging on a rich blue couch that overlooked the private dressing area.

"Oh shut it Nik, I'm trying to bond here," Rebekah said as she yanked back the black silk curtain and exited her dressing room. She stepped onto the raised wooden platform in the center of the back store room and admired the outfit she picked out in the mirror.

"Last I checked, Bekah, we aren't here for you," Kol snarked as he turned and checked himself out in his own large mirror, admiring the fitted, all black suit. 

"Nor are we here for you Kol," Rebekah snapped back as she smoothed out the forest green blazer. "Now take that off, you look like a depressed version of Elijah."

"I happen to think the black is sexy," Kol retorted as he fastened a gold chain around his neck to complete his look.

"Well it's not," Rebekah said, throwing her blonde hair over her shoulder before looking over at Kol. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm taking a picture with a phone," he said dryly, turning to pose in the mirror. "I need to make sure this does my justice in all angles."

"I bet Elijah helped you set up some secret social net thing."

"A social media account?" Klaus asked, raising an eyebrow at Rebekah, who snapped her fingers in his direction. "Yes, that."

"He didn't." Kol said as he began typing away on his phone. "Bonnie Bennett did."

"Why is Bonnie Bennett in cohorts with the likes of you?"

"Because I'm charming and charismatic; unlike you or Nik, and she happens to like that."

"You've never been worthy of either of those terms. Now, Clove, hurry up! I want to see what you picked out."

"Oh my stars Rebekah, have some goddamn patience," Clove hollered before slowly pulling back her curtain and stepping out onto the floor. "Perfection takes time."

"You look stunning," Rebekah complimented, her mouth dropping open as Clove stepped next to her on the platform. "That dress is gorgeous on you."

The dress in question was a classic black bodycon dress with an open back and criss-cross straps. It fell to her mid thigh with a modest slit that revealed her left leg. Clove smirked to herself as she turned left and right, admiring the way the dress looked on her body.

"What do you think, Nik?" Rebekah asked as she turned to look at her brother.

She smirked when she noticed the way his gaze was locked in on Clove. The previously pissy hybrid now sat with his back straight and his arms resting on his knees, one hand covering his mouth. 

"It's perfect. Get it."

"Yeah I think I- oh nevermind. The price is not as pretty as the dress," Clove said, her words turning into mumbles as she turned to walk back to the dressing room. 

"Absolutely not," Rebekah said as she grabbed Clove by the tag, flipping it over to look at the price.

"I don't know why I'm surprised, I mean, it's a designer store. So much for-" 

"Forget the price. Nik will pay for it or I will. No arguments. The dress was made for you."

"Are you sure, it's really expensive," Clove said as she turned back to the mirror and nervously fiddled with her hands.

"Does it come in any other colors?" Klaus asked over waving over the store attendant who was gawking at Kol.

"Y-yes," she stuttered before clearing her throat. "It also comes in royal blue."